• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help

kat.30

Hi

I have stumbled across this site whist researching gastric sleeve surgery. I would love to hear from anyone that's had the surgery no matter how far post op. I am seriously considering the sleeve and after 2 failed (not throu any fault of my own) gastric bands via the hospital group - which of course I would never use again !!

Just need to hear from real people as the surgery scares me a little!

Many thanks x

Not had the sleeve (I had the bypass) I just wanted to say hi and good luck :)

hello kat.30
like butterfly I too have had the bypass so cant help but plenty on here have so hang tight someone will swing by and be able to answer any questions you may have
in the meantime enjoy the site

Hi

I have stumbled across this site whist researching gastric sleeve surgery. I would love to hear from anyone that's had the surgery no matter how far post op. I am seriously considering the sleeve and after 2 failed (not throu any fault of my own) gastric bands via the hospital group - which of course I would never use again !!

Just need to hear from real people as the surgery scares me a little!

Many thanks x

Hi Kat - and welcome to a fab site :) I have had the sleeve relatively recently on 7th November...I opted to go with Healthier Weight and although i live in Birmingham, I had the op up at Spire Manchester with Professor Amoori...I can honestly say, I am so glad I had the surgery and can't fault the team at HW or the staff at the Spire at all - I've had a relatively smooth journey so far and hope it continues...anyway, try not to be nervous - I think if you are going private then finding the right provider for you is the most important thing...if you want a chat or anything - just give me a shout by replying to the post and I'll help out with any questions/worries etc the best I can...otherwise, there are loads of useful posts and wonderful supportive people on the forum so I hope you find it useful x

Sorry just read you went to Manchester. Did you meet him before surgery ? I soooo want it done but it's a big thing to do! X

I had a sleeve privately almost 4 months ago. Thankfully ive had no issues and have lost alot of weight, gojng from a bmi of 31 to 21.
Its a life long choice though...it wont grow back...so you have to be 100% that you want to lose the weight and lose the bad habits.
There are people alot further out who can tell you about their experience.

Back