• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bander Question

Mynewlife

Hiya
had a band fill on 11/04,and now have 6.6mls in 10 mil band.This is my fourth fill, and it appears fairly tight. Even though I am on "normal food" now, I am not eating anywhere near as much as before the band fill. I made some homemade chilli for dinner (with lean pork mince) and had 1 ladle full, with no rice or bread. I couldnt eat it all, and ever since I had it I have done nothing but belch. I ate slowly and used a teaspoon to eat with. I put the spoon down between mouthfulls and did not have a drink with my meal. I have the tightness in my chest and like I said, am continuing to burp. My chest is uncomfortable and I was actually sick. This is the first time in the 10 days since having the adjustment that I have been sick like this. Any suggestions, any cures?? I was going to go on liquids for 24 hours to give my stomach a rest, but, its my birthday tomorrow and my husband (we've been married nearly 30 years) has for the first time in our married life, made me a cake for tomorrow, plus has plans to take me out for a meal. What would you do? See how you are tomorrow, if its gone, have a small piece of cake. If it hasnt gone, dont risk the cake?
I am not eating a lot at the moment anyway, so if the burping has stopped tomorrow and the pain in the chest has gone, I would think it would be ok to have a very small piece. Any help would be appreciated.

MNL:wave_cry:

PS. I ate 4 hours ago and still have the burping and uncomfortable feeling in the chest, but have kept fluids down since.

Hiya
had a band fill on 11/04,and now have 6.6mls in 10 mil band.This is my fourth fill, and it appears fairly tight. Even though I am on "normal food" now, I am not eating anywhere near as much as before the band fill. I made some homemade chilli for dinner (with lean pork mince) and had 1 ladle full, with no rice or bread. I couldnt eat it all, and ever since I had it I have done nothing but belch. I ate slowly and used a teaspoon to eat with. I put the spoon down between mouthfulls and did not have a drink with my meal. I have the tightness in my chest and like I said, am continuing to burp. My chest is uncomfortable and I was actually sick. This is the first time in the 10 days since having the adjustment that I have been sick like this. Any suggestions, any cures?? I was going to go on liquids for 24 hours to give my stomach a rest, but, its my birthday tomorrow and my husband (we've been married nearly 30 years) has for the first time in our married life, made me a cake for tomorrow, plus has plans to take me out for a meal. What would you do? See how you are tomorrow, if its gone, have a small piece of cake. If it hasnt gone, dont risk the cake?
I am not eating a lot at the moment anyway, so if the burping has stopped tomorrow and the pain in the chest has gone, I would think it would be ok to have a very small piece. Any help would be appreciated.

PS. I ate 4 hours ago and still have the burping and uncomfortable feeling in the chest, but have kept fluids down since.

hi mnl, if you have been sick you have either eaten slightly to much for the restiction level you have now, or you havent chewed well enough and a littles become stuck in the band hole, take some windeze or gripe water as it sounds like you have trapped wind after the event if fluids are passing through. see how you feel tommorow regarding the cake, and be carefull with your food choices if eating out.

liz xxx

hi mnl, if you have been sick you have either eaten slightly to much for the restiction level you have now, or you havent chewed well enough and a littles become stuck in the band hole, take some windeze or gripe water as it sounds like you have trapped wind after the event if fluids are passing through. see how you feel tommorow regarding the cake, and be carefull with your food choices if eating out.

liz xxx
Hiya Liz

Knew I could count on you. Before I went to bed last night I took some gaviscon, and managed to sleep alright. The pain in the chest has pretty much gone, and the belching has also gone. As I am struggling to eat very much food,I think, for the first time since I have had the surgery, that I must be at the right restriction now. In one sense it feels great, but in another its sort of sad (in a weird way). It dawned on me this morning,that I wont ever be able to eat the same, if my band continues to be this tight. This is what it is supposed to do though and I am really pleased that I seem to have the right restriction, but then, I feel as though I have lost something in my life. Does that sound weird, or do you know what I mean?
thanks once again.

Hiya Liz

Knew I could count on you. Before I went to bed last night I took some gaviscon, and managed to sleep alright. The pain in the chest has pretty much gone, and the belching has also gone. As I am struggling to eat very much food,I think, for the first time since I have had the surgery, that I must be at the right restriction now. In one sense it feels great, but in another its sort of sad (in a weird way). It dawned on me this morning,that I wont ever be able to eat the same, if my band continues to be this tight. This is what it is supposed to do though and I am really pleased that I seem to have the right restriction, but then, I feel as though I have lost something in my life. Does that sound weird, or do you know what I mean?
thanks once again.

yeah i totally know what you mean and 100% understand your feelings, its like saying goodbye to the old new and introducing your self to the new life we have chosen to live. Its natural to feel this way its sort of like a greiving process towards our old lifestyle and eating habbits thats been very much part of us for many years, it does take time to ajust but it will happen, and the final result is very much worth the changes that you have made.

Back