• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

cant stop bein sick- help!

friendlygal2002

hi everyone, had a fill 10 days ago and really struggling to keep anything down. I am feeling a fullness in my chest and any fluids seem to bubble in the back of my throat and then I vomit a little of it up. I feel really uncomfortable when I eat after one spoonful. The only thing that really helps me is drinking hot tea and the obstruction seems to go eventually. Ive just got rid of another obstuction and i can honestly say that i dont think i will eat again as i absolutely hate the feeling! I knew it would restrict my eating but I wasn't prepared for this. Do u think I will feel better soon and that it is only temporary following my fill? I have 6mls in atm. feel so miserable about it all and also quite concerned about the retching as a lady who lives near me and attended the same clinic as myself has passed away due to extensive retching which tore the lining in her stomach. she died of peritonitis!!!!!
Julie x

I agree with caz, your way too tight & need defill asap xxx

please contact your provider and get a de fill asap as constant vomiting can cause pouch sensitivity or if continued could at the worst cause a slippage, please dont suffer with a tight band as its a miserable existance, let us know how you get on.....Liz x

The experts have already advised you. Wishing you a speedy recovery and look forward to a positive update telling us just how marvellous you are feeling now xxx

Yes agree with all of the above - until about a month ago I lived lived with a too tight band and vomitted daily and suffered with horrible heartburn. I was only when I had a defill I realised how bad I had been feeling all the time. Even if you only have half a mil or less out it makes a difference

Dont know a lot about bands hun, but just wishing you to feel better. xxxx

hop your ok hun xx

Thank you for your advice, Do you think I should be able to eat solids by now? Just wondered cos today I managed 2 teaspoons of shepherds pie. Got a bit peckish later on and had a bite of a pompadom and then........for my sins vomited a few times and still feeling quite unwell! will give clinic a ring on monday. Thanx again
Regards
Julie x

Hi Julie

Every provider has a different regime after a fill but most will say after a fill you should be trying solids after a week.

As the other banders have said it sounds as if you are too tight. A popadom bite or otherwise would be quite hard to get down unless chewed to a pulp!

If fluids are backing up there is chance you could get dehydrated. My provider will not let me leave unless I can easily tolerate a glass of water after a fill.

If you are still struggling then please dont leave it too long - good luck x

Definitely need a defill. I can say this from my own experience sweetheart and its not good to be too tight. If your drinks are bubbling in your throat then you must get it sorted. I suffered for 6 months like this and I felt so ill when I ate anything that I was'nt eating much at all ( weetabix and slimfast). This delayed my weight loss too as I was'nt getting the protiens etc that my body required. Please ring your team and get it sorted. Good luck xxxx

Back