• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bariatric Team Apt Complete

Slimmingnix

Hi All,

Just thought I would update you...

Had my first formal bariatric apt today. Met Mr Wan who is likely to be by surgeon. Really, really nice guy. Offered detailed explanations for all my questions.

A really good meetng all-round!

Further good news, they have been working really hard at St Georges, and apparently they really reduced their waiting times.

According to Mr Wan, it's actually a really good time to get on the list as last year and earlier this year the waiting list was very long. Obviously he did not commit to times/dates because circumstances can change, but I get the feeling it will only be a few more weeks after my dieticians meeting in August. (It does help that I dont appear to have any "high risks" or issues which require addressing.)

Any other peeps at a simliar stage?

SNx

Hi SN :)

Thats great news to hear they are catching up :)... i wouldnt want anyone to want as long as i had to without any appointments..

Looks like it wont be too long to wait :)...

Nicky xx

Great news sn, I am in between you and nickynoodles :) i see Dietician in july hopeing it wont be too long after that. Good to know we all on the right track and the train is moving :) xxx

good luck on your journey

good news :) i think it also helps that the team at st georges do surgery at st anthonys too for st georges patients. i had my last appt 10 th april and having surgery all being well 4th august. good luck x

Iv just received letter for my first appointment, 31st august at st richards, excited and nervous all rolled in to one! lol bit behind you but great that you are well in to starting your journey! You'll be a loser in no time hehe :)
best of luck to you
xxx

Back