• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr Sidgurson Princess Royal Hospital Telford.

Linski

Good morning all,

Has anyone had surgery with Mr Sidgursson at Telford Princess Royal? If so what was your journey like in terms of procedure and timescales, waiting times etc?

I ask because out of the blue this morning I recieved a call from his secretary to see him on Tuesday. I initially asked to see him in September last year because of the wait at Walsall. To cut a long story short his secretary said the had not recieved my referral and I would need to go through Dr Labib in Dudley who would refer me after weight management etc to Mr Sidgurson for surgery.

His secretary has rung my GP and asked for my number to contact me as they have an appointment for me this Tuesday to see Mr Sidgurson himself. I think they may have lost my initial referral but not really sure as to why I would get an appointment after 9 months of absolutley nothing from them

I am really excited and obviously will attend even though I am on Walsall waiting list as my GP said to go with who ever has the shortest wait.

If you know of anyone or you have had surgery at Telford any info would be really appreciated. I read on her of someone recently but cant find the thread now.

Thanks all

Linski xxxx

Reactions: Bev
Hi Lin, good to hear from you. Sorry I don't know anything at all about your area but it's looking and sounding promising... with you all the way and always at your side... love and hugs xxx

Hi Lin, good to hear from you. Sorry I don't know anything at all about your area but it's looking and sounding promising... with you all the way and always at your side... love and hugs xxx

Bless you Bev always so supportive. How are you?

Lots of love

Linxxxxxx

Always better for hearing from you thanks Lin... I'm doing well overall thanks Angel and hope you are too... learning day by day from my mistakes post bypass... haha...

Love and hugs xxx

Hi Lin it's louanne who is going to Telford.
I think she has gone through really quickley compared to Walsall Manor
She works so she should be on later

Hi Lin it's louanne who is going to Telford.
I think she has gone through really quickley compared to Walsall Manor
She works so she should be on later

Thanks Wendy, I am really excited but trying to keep realistic!! Just cant help it though lol.

Lin xx

Always better for hearing from you thanks Lin... I'm doing well overall thanks Angel and hope you are too... learning day by day from my mistakes post bypass... haha...

Love and hugs xxx

Glad you doing well Bev. I know it is trial and error but as long as you learn as you go its all good.

Lin xxx

I had Mr Sigursson, although not in that area. So all I can say is...he wasn't very chatty, but perfectly pleasant.
Good Luck!!

Thank you I will look forward to meeting him then lol. I had heard he isn't very chatty but as long as he gives me good news then I wont complain.

Lin xxx

Wow, that is sounding hopeful Lin. I really hope you get good news love and soon.
Please keep us updated about it all.
Grace xxx

Wow, that is sounding hopeful Lin. I really hope you get good news love and soon.
Please keep us updated about it all.
Grace xxx

Hi Grace, I know it sounds positive but we'll wait and see. You know what this journey is like, full of ups and downs. I am scred to build my hopes up but have got flutters of excitement lol. Nice to hear from you Grace and thanks for the good wishes, I will post as soon as I have seen him.

Linski xxxx

hello i was under mr sigguirdson for the gastric bypass in 2009, but he lost the contract to do the ops just before i was due to have mine, im from shropshire and we all got sent over to the heartlands in birmingham, but i have heard hes now doing nhs procedures again as he was only doing private last year! ive met a few people that have had him as a surgeon, and they are happy with there results... when i first met him i was inly in the room 5 mins, and he told me to try and loose weight in 4 months and if i sucseeded then he would apply for funding i did this and he applied for the funding, got excepted for funding then lost he lost the contract..... ive heard his sectary is a bit of a battle axe so be warned but as for mr sigguirdson himself, i found him very straight to the point and proffesional xx hope it help xx

Thanks Sue, I had a feeling he will send me away and ask me to lose weight before proceeding in any way really. I am going to go as I want the quickest route possible to be honest. I am on the waiting list at Walsall Manor but my GP told me to go on Tuesday and se what he said. I dont think South staffs fund for Telford as a rule and may need to go to the exceptions committee. I have a feeling I will be best sticking with Walsall but we'll see. I will post on Tuesday as to the outcome.
As for his secretary I spoke to her last August and she said they had not had my referral and anyway I would need to attend Dr Labib's clinic first as Mr S doesn't take direct referrals. She was very blunt and couldn't care less that they had lost my referral! I am intrigued as to why and how they have suddenly found me and I get an urgent phone call?

Have you a date or timescale for your op Sue?

Thanks again,

Linski

hi lin i have just had surgery with him 2 weeks ago in telford i found him fine straight to the point and pleasent you will be fine i was worried but u will be fine
any questions just ask
brad xx

hi lin i have just had surgery with him 2 weeks ago in telford i found him fine straight to the point and pleasent you will be fine i was worried but u will be fine
any questions just ask
brad xx

Hi Brad, Thanks for the reply and reassurance. Did you have to do weight management first and how long from seeing him did you have to wait/

Many thanks

Lin x

hey thats ok..... well i didnt do a weight management with him i got referred by my gp then i had my first appointment with him on 26/09/2010 and i had my op done on the 9/3/2011 so not to long to wait for my op he will get u 2 lose weight first before your op hope this helps
brad xx

Hi all,
I have posted on a new thread how my appointmnet went today. Great news he was annoyed they lost me in the system and is looking to do my op within 2 months!!!!!!!!! He is applying for funding tomorrow.

Happy,happy happy!!!! just feel I am dreaming and todays meeting was too good to be true. He was so apologetic about losing my referral and apparnetly it "just turne dup last Tuesday! He said if they had not cocked up I would have been done and dusted by October last year!!!

Back