• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bariatric Weight Management Session

united_trekkie

Hi everyone, I have received a letter from the "Weight Management Service" and have been given an appointment for a Bariatric Weight MAnagement Session on Thursday 28th Jan in Walkden (Salford). Please can anyone who has done something similar advise me what to expect.

BlueDiamond

Hi everyone, I have received a letter from the "Weight Management Service" and have been given an appointment for a Bariatric Weight MAnagement Session on Thursday 28th Jan in Walkden (Salford). Please can anyone who has done something similar advise me what to expect.

Hi

When I went they measured and weighed me , and found out if I had any comorbidities etc and wot diets I had tried previously and any clubs I attended, and they see what help they could offer, i.e. xenical, reductil and then they refered me to surgeon as I had been down every avenue already . HTH

All the best - MeJulie xx

Jackie redgirl

I saw the weight management lady, think she was called Helen, at Walkden. She was a dietician and she did as said, weighed me, height and general discussion on what i wanted, she was very nice, i had to see her for 6 months before she referred me onto the surgeon.

united_trekkie

Thanks for your replies...I really had no idea what to expect. Looking forward to getting the ball rolling...if you know what I mean :)

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Hi
I also had to go for 6 months HELEN DAVIDSON she was called really nice, I had to keep a diary of everything i ate and tell her what i type of surgery i wanted and she gave advice.
gave lots of literature
meansure height and weight and that was about it
Nothing at all to worry about
Good Luck.
x

united_trekkie

Hi all, I have been for my 1st Weight management session this afternoon. As previous posters have said Helen, Bev and debbie were all very nice and very approachable. I was weighed, had my height measured. I have to keep a diary of everything I eat. I have to see them each fortnight, where I will be re-weighed each time, there is also some low impact exercise for about 40 minutes.

I understand completely the reasons for the sessions is to educate people about diet/nutrition etc but for those of us who have already done the Tenuate Dospan, Atkins, Slimming World, lipotrim, and are still in this situation, it feels like it's just a way of delaying the referral for at least another 6 months.

However, I will follow the plan and continue to attend as required - and if I can lose more weight than expected along the way, that'll be a bonus !! (just bought a mini trampoline....now theres enthusiasm!!):D

Meggie

Good luck hun!! Glad everything went so well!! I agree that it sometimes it seems like a delaying tactic, but I guess you'll just been in even better position when your op comes (if you have one!!) as you'll be lighter and healthier than before!!!