• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight Management Service - Leeds

Hi,
I have been given an appointment for a surgical assessment with the Weight Management Service in Leeds. The appointment is with a dietician. I was wondering if anyone else has gone through the same process in Leeds and can give me an idea of what to expect at this appointment.

Jeff maybe?? :p

Cheers

Sorry cant help with your query at all, just thought i'd give you a little bump and hope it gets you the answer you need xx

Hi I'm about to go through LWMS too. My GP has ticked the referral form for the Tier 5 option I think it is. So straight to the chief dietitian for referral to the surgeon. No idea what to expect. Fingers crossed for both of us!

From other forums I think its an appointment with the dietician - if its Mary O'Hare she is lovely and then a recommendation to the multidisciplinary team who have the final say-so

Hope this helps - its not how I did it cos I was transferred from Huddersfield cos I'd waited too long - lol

Good luck

Angela

my apologies, i din't see this thread, i was refered to these guys i believe!!?? must have been, that was sometime at the end of 2008 i was put on the list, if i remember there are various locations where you see the dietician, i saw mine at Chapeltown Health Centre, she went through all my previous dieting history, the health probs i had etc at the time, weight, height etc....i believe this is the 1st step, usually a community dietician who will then refer you onwards and upwards if they believe you are a suitable candidate....my route, altho NHS, was later diverted into the private sector, where i later saw Mr Pollard and his Lovely wife Glenda - the head dietician at The Spire in Roundhay, obviously the rest is history for me!! any help i can maybe offer, pls feel free to pm me, i do come on from time to time, just not as often as i did ;)

Back