• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Barium swallow at SRH

Lisa-Em

Hello sleeve experts, I've received a letter from SRH today for a barium swallow on Friday. I wasn't told anything about this pre-op, is it normal practice?

I'll answer my own question! Just rang the hospital and it's not normal practice, just crossed wires from when I was on the ward. Apparently they are booked before discharge then cancelled if people are discharged without problems, except mine wasn't. It is now though!

I'll answer my own question! Just rang the hospital and it's not normal practice, just crossed wires from when I was on the ward. Apparently they are booked before discharge then cancelled if people are discharged without problems, except mine wasn't. It is now though!

Lol! Glad you get your answer in the end :)

Hope you're doing well :) xx

Haha Katy, I'm so used to asking for advice on here that I didn't think to just ring the hospital!

I'm doing fine thanks, how's it going for you? X

Haha Katy, I'm so used to asking for advice on here that I didn't think to just ring the hospital!

I'm doing fine thanks, how's it going for you? X

Glad you're ok :) I'm doing alright thanks :) x

Wow! I'm pleased you found the answer lisa, because nothing was said to me either. good luck with your weight loss hun xxx

Wow! I'm pleased you found the answer lisa, because nothing was said to me either. good luck with your weight loss hun xxx

Thanks Caraline, it's a bit slow this week, but I've been reading that 2.5 weeks is when your body starts trying to hang on to whatever's being eaten as it thinks it's being starved. Still, I've not been sick yet so that'll do me! How are you getting on? X

Am doing ok hun, I had a tiny hiccup the other day. My hubby made stirfry. And I thought a little nibble will be ok. How wrong was I. I was doubled up in pain for 2 hrs. Never again. It wasn't a nice experience. Just sticking to my soups lol xxx

Am doing ok hun, I had a tiny hiccup the other day. My hubby made stirfry. And I thought a little nibble will be ok. How wrong was I. I was doubled up in pain for 2 hrs. Never again. It wasn't a nice experience. Just sticking to my soups lol xxx

Oh no! I've been a right chicken for trying new things, my favourite at the moment though is Sainsbury's basics chicken curry (it's full of veg too) blitzed up. I was daring last night though and had mushy peas...very well chewed, not puréed! I'm finding some days I can eat more than others. It's all very strange! X

Lmao. I ended up having mushy peas n mash potato and gravy. And I was ok x

Back