• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BARIUM SWALLOW & BARIUM MEAL

BlueDiamond

Hello all

I received a letter for next month to have a barium swallow & barium meal, it has explained in the letter what the procedure is all about , but it doesnt state in the letter WHY I am having to have this done. I will ring my team on Monday but until then I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on it.

Thanks in advance for reading - All the best - MeJulie xx

I had several different versions of these but they were only done because I was in pain & had a known blockage after the op. Have you had any problems?

Hi thanks for your reply.

I have had no problems wot so ever....Not even been sick or nuffin . Its been str8 forward all the way (fingers crossed it stays that way) xx

All the best - MeJulie x x

Well all hospitals work differently I suppose. Maybe they just want to check all is well with the intestines. Unless it's anything to do with having your first fill. I had a bypass so can't help there but I'm sure some banders will be along soon & will be able to give you a better answer x

I had one when i had acid reflux - they found a hiatus hernia, so maybe they r just checking. Its not a problem anyway - doesn't hurt or anything.

Hugs

Vron xx

Blue,

This is standard in some hospitals, they like to see if the band is in the right place and all is well.

I had first fill done with a barium swallow.

it will be either to do with the 1st fill or just to make sure everything has settled in place correctly now that your healed, its not something to worry about, there just doing there jobs correctly and this is good aftercare x

Thanks Liz and Caz. I do have two appointments on the same day to have a fill as well with the same doc so its probably to check all is in the right place as well as the fill is being done under x ray also .......

Thanks in advance for your information xx - MeJulie xx

Back