• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been given the yes for surgery after completing the tiers

jellykelly

So finally I've been given an official yes for surgery . On tier 4

I first got referred for weight loss surgery in May 2014 when I first reicieved my letter filled in my personal details and food diary.

Since then. It was been going to weight loss seminars , seeing the dietician and Long waits between appointments , I knew what I was aiming for (weight loss surgery) but no one was able to tell me if I could defiantly have it or when it would be and I would get disheartend every time I would find out my next appointment was 7 months away etc ...

But I now I have a definate yes a rough time frame of 6 months and I'm waiting for my surgery date to arrive in the post , I have all the information on what I need to do and my pre op diet and feel so great to know I can see the end of pre op journey and a start of post op journey . So happy so if you are on tier 2 3 or 4 and :Dthinking when will they end its takes a long time but they do in the end

Last edited:

Loving the Loop

Great news, it took me 23 months from seminar to surgery so I can totally understand the frustration.

jellykelly

I can see u recently had surgery what did you go for ? ?

And yes so frustrating especially because you just do t know how long or when u will get a surgery date you just kind of get through it one appointment to the next and the goal of surgery seems far away because you just don't know when you try and tell yourself it won't be that long then you find out you have another appointment that not until ages ...last year I told myself it will be this year which I though it would be , now this year I'm telling myself it will be next year but at least I have a time frame and definate yes now I can start looking forward to it more , can cant wait to get my date to count down the days and organise my time wish it was before Christmas thiugh oh well x

Loving the Loop

I had the mini gastric bypass, all seems to be fine so far, best thing I ever did and that's after 4 weeks.

Now you have a rough timeframe you can use that to your advantage, keep a tight reign on the diet, after all it doesn't matter if the weight comes off before or after surgery, Try to get into good habits, for example cut out any carbonated drinks you might take, get into a 3 meals a day routine and try to stop yourself grazing on snacks and try to get into the habit of sipping fluids all the time this will be a major help post op believe me.

Not trying to be preachy just some friendly advice. If it ends up you don't get a date till the New Year at least you will have a chance to enjoy Christmas without worrying about what you eat, just don't go crazy,lol

los in it

Well done you, onwards and upwards!

jellykelly

I had the mini gastric bypass, all seems to be fine so far, best thing I ever did and that's after 4 weeks.

Now you have a rough timeframe you can use that to your advantage, keep a tight reign on the diet, after all it doesn't matter if the weight comes off before or after surgery, Try to get into good habits, for example cut out any carbonated drinks you might take, get into a 3 meals a day routine and try to stop yourself grazing on snacks and try to get into the habit of sipping fluids all the time this will be a major help post op believe me.

Not trying to be preachy just some friendly advice. If it ends up you don't get a date till the New Year at least you will have a chance to enjoy Christmas without worrying about what you eat, just don't go crazy,lol

and no all advice welcome please the bad and good of what its really like , thats true your right knowing that your not going to be able to ever eat the same at christmas time , is probably a bad combo i will have to be strict and not over indulge as i keep telling myself yea I'm having surgery which is good but doesn't mean i can relax with dieting as smaller i am when i go in = less complications and better recovery and more chance to minimise the excess skin but loosing weight now at a normal rate but loosing in weight is my problem i haven't in ages at least i will try not to put any on :eek::):eek:

also i found out when speaking to the bariatric dietician about diet after surgery explaining about the stages of textured food and that when your allowed to go on solids its better to always stick to solids and avoid creamy or liquid foods in the sense that you stomach/pouch can hold more liquid then it can solid food therefor you can ingest more calories because your stomach can hold more of something . compared to a little bit of something solid ...

which completely contradicts my theory because i thought it would be so much better to stay on mushy foods . i currently juice because i find stand easier way to keep healthy and can pack in 3x as much fruit and veg a day . and though i could do that after surgery but apparently thats not good and will intake a lot more calories that way . ..

Do you stay away from sloppy consistency or liquid foods ? ?

( you may not understand me but couldn't explain ,myself very well)

also i had brought some smallish containers to freeze some pureed vegetable for mushy phase of diet about 80mls in size but i have been told that ice cube tray sizes are more appropriate size did you find your portions after surgery that an ice cube size portion was adequate ??

this is what i get for planning to much in advance haha :eek:

sorry for the long post and so many questions x

Loving the Loop

Take a breath Kelly, there is plenty time to worry about prep, to answer your questions (I think)
1. I have just finished the pureed stage myself, so cant really comment on avoiding sloppy or liquid foods, though I do still intend to use soup for my lunches so that might apply, I am going to talk to my dietician when I go in 2 weeks.
2 The containers you have seem ok, your main focus is protein after op, veg is just a small side, if 80mls is to much it'll do 2 meals no issue, I would say ice cube size seems small to me.
I had soups, mince, chilli, chicken stock and veg all in the freezer ready, most of it is still there. Honestly just worry about eating healthy now. If you read my diary I did a post yesterday for a friend on what I ate during puree stage to give you an idea.

jellykelly

breath taken ... ok thank you and yes i will try and find it and have a look i think that will be helpful ! let me know what your dietician says x x