• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

UPDATE bottom of page Still being sick every day :-(

zns

:cry:So after getting anti sickness meds from the GP I am still being sick everyday :( This one was awful tonight really gut wrentching. I cant sleep now as my pouch is sore. I guess I better call the hospital tomorrow :cry:Really fed up now. Im still hardly loosing anything either :cry:

Last edited:
sorry to hear you are struggling at the mo. Please call your team. Are you able to keep fluids down?

Yeah liquids are fine as is food most of the time, its just like once or so a day, sometimes it is my own fault for not chewing properly I must admit but thats only about 1/3 of the times. I dont think its anything serious its just getting to me now. I think its related to decreasing my antidepressants to start new ones although the GP said she didnt think it was but it started at the same time, so who knows. Shall call once the office is open x

Sorry to here you are still not feeling well and i hope it improves soon. I am so worried about the drinking and eating and chewing after my op. Thinking of you xxx

I had no problems until I started on 'soft' foods, Im having issues with learning to chew enough so that doesnt help as when things are stuck you have to bring them back up. The other 2/3 is feeling very sick and then throwing up everywhere. I really think its antidepressant withdrawal. An hour and I can phone to leave a message lol xx

Hi Zoe, hope you can get sorted today and thinking of you Angel... it's a long haul but it will be worth it precious... the very best of luck as always... love and humungous hugs xxx

Hi, Like you i also had a problem with chew chew chewing so now i eat all meals with either a teaspoon or a childrens knife and fork it has worked for me cause the amount of food going in is less.Hope you feel better soon.

i had so many problems in the first 3 - 4 months, entirely caused by wolfing down the first bite (subconciously) and therefore setting myself up to 'fail' with the rest of the meal, no matter how much it was chewed. spent weeks with my head down the loo.
I know also some people have been ill by trying to swallow too much of their 'chewings' at once.

have a good long look at the way you eat each meal, especially the first mouthfuls. sometimes we can think we are doing everything right, but on reflection, perhaps not

So sorry you are still having problems with the sickness Zoe, you must be really fed up of it by now! Please let us know what you team say. (HUGS) XX

I've been sick a few times, but only when i have eaten too fast, not chewed enough etc. So try like some people have said and use smaller knife and fork but also eat more regular. Try not to wait until you are hungry, maybe? Ive found that if i wait till im hungry i get that i want to get the food down as quick as possible so try to say "i'll have ..... at ....." and it seems to have worked well so far. Not been sick for weeks and am still loosing weight.

Good luck hun. xxxx

I use a teaspoon already so not sure what else I can do to make me realise to chew chew chew. I dont feel hungry really so def dont wait until I feel hunger. The not chewing properly etc sickness is reducing. Its the nausea and sickness not related to it thats worse. I fell asleep and missed calling them oops, I had been up all night. I shall call tomorrow instead.

Thanks all
x

Hi Zoe,
I hope this eases for you precious and soon... I'm thinking of you and as always sending a humungous hug... take good care... xxx

Oh Ive never heard of that....I hope it is whats causing you all the sickness as once you stop them you might be able to get back to normal and have some respite from the awful sickly feelings. (HUG) XX

hope the change in meds brings you some relief

I really hope that stopping the medication will help with your problem. I have to admit if I leave too long (over 3-4hrs) without food I feel sick etc. Mind you, I think it is because I then eat too quickly and don't chew enough. Are you managing to keep your fluids up as when I've not drunk enough it also makes me feel sicky.

Rebirthxx

Back