• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Being Sick

Keza Roo

Hi I had my op 5 weeks and this is the first time that I have been sick I had some chicken in a sauce and it feels like its stuck I don't know what to do being sick now for the past hour and half but it still feel stuck had a drink and fetched that back got back pain in my back.

Anyone please help I just feel like I cant breath.xx :cry:

Don't panic as that will make the breathing harder. Have you tried walking around or is it too painful?

Its not 2 bad when I stand up what makes it hard is every time I burp I co being sick. Xx

Carry on walking around slowly with a little bowl in case you are sick, and a bottle of water for sipping - even if you bring it up again, a little bit will have stayed down. Try and distract yourself - listen to your ipod, or put the stereo on high.

The night won't last forever.

Hi honey, sounds like you have bitten off more than your little pouch can cope with. :( Chicken is one of the high protein foods that lots of people find they can only have in small amounts as it fills them very quickly. Walking is the best thing to do & try to bend backwards & forwards in a rocking motion. This is not wind but your pouch being too full. It will pass as soon as the chicken moves along but this may take a while. I personally would not drink as this is filling your pouch & extending your pain. Hope it passes soon honey & when you have chicken take it slowly cos your pouch takes a while to let you know it is full. ((hugs for Kerry)) xx :wave_cry:

Thanks for the advice feelin so much better. Spoke to my farther in law and he said he was the same with anythin that was reheated so I am stayin away from reheated food. Hope u r alrite twinkle got hospital tomorrow will let u know xxx

Hope you are feeling better now.
Just a little tip if you are going to eat chicken you might want to avoid the breast meat and have mean fomr the thigh or leg as this is slightly oilier and easier to digest.

I have had the same problem but mine was with cold chicken breast, I did not think and probably did not chew it properly either. Although I was not sick I felt awful and had a horrible pain in my chest but eventually as the food moved down the pain and nausea subsided.

Its a hard lesson to learn but we wont make the same mistake again.

Wendy x

Thanks Wendy yeah I am feelin loads better I didnt think has I have had chicken loads before but I will not be makin that same mistake again xxx

Back