• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Belly apron

Helski

Hi
Gross I know, but how likely is it for the belly apron to go after weight loss. I have about 6 stones to lose and wonder how soon I might see results.
Thanks in advance.

mine never went first time round but did shrink a lot

I suppose it has a lot to do with age, skin quality and how much its been overstretched as to whether it will go :/
I have to say though I have lost 3 stone and Im really pleased my tum appears to be getting a lot smaller :)

PS
My daughter has lost almost 9 stone and her tummy is like a disappearing act..so there is always hope and good luck xxx

PS My daughter has lost almost 9 stone and her tummy is like a disappearing act..so there is always hope and good luck xxx

Could I ask how old is your daughter? I'm getting the bypass on jan and I'm 28, I want to lose around 12 stone but I have a fear that I will be left with rolls and rolls of loose skin!

I still have about 3 stone to go, have lost almost 11 and the loose skin is a serious issue and problem. My provider discussed it with me when I was 6 stone down and they advised me then that the only resolution would be surgery, and they were right.

I approached my GP recently who also said that surgery will be the only answer, that my loose skin is at about 20lb on it own. It causes a lot of problems medically, causes lower back ache, infections, rashes, itching and lots of ickiness :(

I didn't think at the start it would bother me, but I've been overweight for all of my life and now that I'm the lightest I have been since I was 18, it's bringing it's own issues in terms of self loathing. My legs would fit comfortable into size 14 trousers I have to have an 18 to hold the skin :(

I wasn't prepared that I may feel this way losing weight.....and yes, while I feel much better being the size I now am, and still going down, it isn't great re the skin, but life is oh so much better :)

I guess it's going to be a weight and see (joke).... I'm just thinking of everything I can before the op. It's so weird knowing that my life is going to change soon, dramatically.

Could I ask how old is your daughter? I'm getting the bypass on jan and I'm 28, I want to lose around 12 stone but I have a fear that I will be left with rolls and rolls of loose skin!

Yes of course my daughter is 32 and she really looks good, also she had 2 babies with 13 months of each other so her poor old tum really went through it..and she looks great, your young and have age on your side:)
You will be fine, rub in plenty of oils and do some exercise and Im sure it will be fine..better to have loose skin than skin full of great globules of yellow bubbly fat :)

It's definitely a wait and see thing ... I am 46 and have lost over 11 stones taking me from a 24/26 to a 10/12 and I consider myself very fortunate to have a flat stomach :)

I have lost 14 stone and while there is loose skin it's not too bad. I am 31 and 18 months out.

It's definitely a wait and see thing ... I am 46 and have lost over 11 stones taking me from a 24/26 to a 10/12 and I consider myself very fortunate to have a flat stomach :)
Can I ask did you do lots of exercise? If so what kind? And how long had you been over weight? Sorry to be so personal I hate my tum now nervous of how it will look.. X

The plank does nothing for my stomach. You cant tone skin!

I suppose that's where we're all different, it works for some. It just depends how much it's stretched!! Unfortunately surgery may be your only option.

Good luck xx

Oh I know it is. Everywhere!

I am 34 and I have had 3 C-sections and have a bikini line scar under my tummy "apron"...hate that word!

As I loose it is getting smaller, but still droopy, and I have no doubt that in the end a tummy tuck will be the only way to improve it. I also have a lot of wobbly-ness at the tops of my thighs...I wonder how that will pan out? I am not worried about anywhere else.

I am lucky in that I don't get the soreness or infections or fungal probs that lots get with the apron. I shower every morning and make a real point of drying below it and using baby powder there. That is it.

I am a little worried about my boobs....I think they will be the part of me that I want to do something about most. They are deflating...the only way to describe it. Once the weight is gone I will definitely investigate reconstructive surgery for tummy and boobs....but don't really want implants, just a natural look...not sure what the options are, but definitely something to research.

Can I ask did you do lots of exercise? If so what kind? And how long had you been over weight? Sorry to be so personal I hate my tum now nervous of how it will look.. X

I didn't exercise apart from walk my dogs. I have always yoyo'd since primary school, so the skins always been stretched. I did have a boob job through because all that was left was skin and the consultant said there was no help that could be given to 'tidy them up' ... the skin needed lifting and implants.

Back