• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many cals?

mandymoo

Hi all just a quick question 'How many cals should I be eating to have a good weight loss each week?'
I go from 800-1000 seems the lower I have the more weight loss but not sure if this is right as sometimes I then stall.
Thanks all in advance xx

im doing 1400 but never seem to make it to that so more like 1000-1200 and my weight loss is a few pound per week which is my good but id have expected more so would be keen to see the replies you get....i also exercise a few times a week!

I dont have anywhere near what I should and my weightloss is slow but steady.I would prob lose faster if I ate more per day.Im pretty scared at my age of doing that though cos of the skin thing!

im a pre opper though so still at the weight managemnt stage. it will probably be different diet advice post op

Hi if you eat less than 1200 cals your body thinks its starving and makes it harder to loose weight i have around 1900 because i'm maintaining but the best losses were when i ate around 1400 x

lotsabeefy said:
Hi if you eat less than 1200 cals your body thinks its starving and makes it harder to loose weight i have around 1900 because i'm maintaining but the best losses were when i ate around 1400 x

I think that is why I'm not loosing very much, eating far too little between 900-1100, note to self 'up my food intake' never thought I would be telling myself that lol :)
Thanks all
Xx

Back