• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Belly rumbling constantly - 5 days post op

slimbydecember

Hi guys,

After you had your band put in did you find your stomach was rumbling constantly? Mine is although I have a feeling of fullness as well sort of in my chest area.

When I breath deeply my shoulders and the front of my chest hurt and sometimes I feel like I have to catch my breath. Is this normal?

Thanks

Hayley

Hi Hayley

Sorry had a sleeve so don't know about the rumbling tummy, all I do know is I know when I'm feeling full by a kind of tightness in my chest and yes breathing deeply can feel sore I think its because your lungs get a bit of a battering the op, in the hospital I had to exercise mine using a set of different weighted balls in a plastic container by blowing them.

Hope that helps

Andrea

Rumbling tummy is very common not just post op but for a good long time after too. Sometimes feels like you have your own orchestra!
Hope you are feeling OK
The chest tightness is quite common too
Best wishes
jO XX

Aww Angel, these pains are so normal... I feel like someone has trodden on my chest after eating and I'm thinking I'm eating too quickly... there's a lot of gurgling going on and probably still plenty of wind to get up too...

Try and eat a lot slower... I'm telling myself this today and I've been forgetting and gulping, so I have to slow down and use a teaspoon and take small sips, not my usual glug!

Keep in touch and good luck,

Love and hugs Bev xxx

The chest pain and discomfort when you breathe in is trapped gas, it sits up round your collar bone, ribs and shoulders and can feel quite strange. Keep moving and it will gradually disperse. You can try a hot water bottle on the area as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back