• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Two days post op -GBand

Hi Ladies
I'm doing fine thank you very much. I've lost about 13lbs altogether so I'm really pleased with that. It's more than I've lost for the last two years anyway!
Chappers: I can say that it took over two weeks for the bloating to go down and in the end I was confused as to whether it was fat or bloating. But now it's gone, I know!

I still have doubts about ever being slim and truthfully it's the photos on here that keep me going.
I'm more or less eating normal food now, just lots less of it, making sensible choices and much more slowly, and chew, chew, chew (sound like a train) hee he.
Husband doesn't understand it, probably never will, but this is a man who was addicted to chocolate, decided to stop and has never eaten another piece in over 6 years! So no he won't understand it.
I try and equate his inability to understand this, with the way that I can't sing. I just can't and neither can he. But he has got lots of other good points that outweigh the bad so there we have it.

Keep going, it's a big deal, but it's your big deal. I've been quite assertive with my family (the only people I've told) and let them know that it is my decision and that unless they have walked a mile in my shoes, they have no right to comment and they have respected that. I'm sure they're chattering away behind my back but I don't want to know about it!

Take care. H x

Hi Helski

I must say I have mixed reviews on the support front and hubby is still being a bit distant but getting better slowly. My husband has never had a weight problem, though he drinks like a fish! They just don't get it. He always says eat less and move more....if only it were that simple aye?

Every time I drink, my tummy blows up again like a big balloon. I have had a jar of baby food this evening, very slowly, it was apple and pear purée, which I watered down again. Everyone says that it will pass, and it is early days. I watched another band procedure on YouTube today which was excruciating but I understand more about the swelling and bruising now.

I'm sure I'll turn the corner over the weekend. Keep strong Pet we're all behind you. X

Back