• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Best thing about wls..

phatmomma

I've thought long and hard about this and have to say the best thing about wls is:

Being in control, food no longer rules my every thought.

phatmomma said:
I've thought long and hard about this and have to say the best thing about wls is:

Being in control, food no longer rules my every thought.

Even though I'm not that far out from my op, I would have to say I agree with that 100%.

Was just having a conversation with my OH along those exact lines.
xXx

to a degree i agree, food at the moment seems to be my only thought as i cant eat enough and fret and worry about not getting enough this and not getting enought that but hopefully when i get to the same stage as you and your fantastic acheivement i wont be thinking about it that much as i will have a routine and will know what im doing hopefully xxx

the food isnt a problem now. i feel brilliant ive even been told i look good now so went out this morning bought some nice new clothes. for the 1st time in a very long time im starting to feel my life is picking up

i feel like i have my life back and that im actually in control of it. i feel like a million dollars at the mo, im coming up to losing 100lbs and boy am i extremely proud of myself.

I agree 100% and have said this to many ppl when questioned about WLS. I still think about food and love food, but in a different way than before. There is no longer this invisible pull to eat eat eat. I guess it has a lot to do with numbing my emotions so I wouldn't feel anything. I no longer do that and I have worked on living my emotions and dealing with them then and there. Without the food to make everything better! It's a work in progress but I feel that I'm on the right track.

Back