• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tell me the BEST and WORST things about WLS

Ankaas

Hi guys, could you tell me the best and worst things about wls. What do you miss (if anything) and what have you gained xxxx:)

Best is getting your life back and being able to phyiscally deal with life, worst not sure anything is worse only more challenging, vitamins and things but it's a good trade off.

Best is being able to throw out all your old tents!!!
Worst has to be the pain if you eat even half a mouthful too much.
I miss diet coke...but not as much as I did.
Have gained a wardrobe of clothes I actually want to wear. God help my bank account when I get smaller! lol

The best is knowing that these pounds are coming off permanently this time.

The worst is everyone you meet asking you how much you've lost this week, then looking disappointed if it's not ten lbs per week!

That's one of the reasons I haven't told a lot of people YG. I don't want people asking me all the time about how I'm doing and being disappointed (patronising) me when, as you rightly say, I haven't lost as much as they expect.

The best thing is picking up money if i find it out side, I am a tight wad, the worst is dumping x

:)Best =your op giving you control
:(Worst =your brain still telling you to eat too much

:)Best of all is that your Op mostly overpowers the mind:)

Best - I have maintained my weight within a few pounds each way for 16 months. I am able to stay awake now all day. I can move more easily. I have made some fantastic friends though having the op. I now have a bit more confidence even though I tend to be quieter now.

Worst - Cannot have a big drink when I am thirsty, I have to slow down so it does not hurt my tum. I now have a baggy belly. Dumping, especially while out.

Best Lost weight!
Worst Flabby skin!

I will have to agree on the control thing as the single best benefit of my op. Of course there are about a hundred other fantastic things but having some sort of control around food is amazing. I used to feel completely powerless at the thought and in presence of food and could not easily limit my intake. Now this has much improved. Some days I still am tempted by poor choices bit overall I'm on control and I love it.

No bad stuff for me yet really. Even my actual op was not bad or painful at all.

Best is having self esteem, feeling like I can do whatever I want cos my weight wont hold me back (still have more to lose but still feels gr8), I love the fact that my kids see a difference in what i can do with them, of course - being able to buy nice clothes is def a bonus but way down the list.

The worst (& not sure if its the best too - i know it sounds strange) - is the fact that I have been strong enough to say that I have been miserable for about the last 10yrs with my marriage. I havent had any feelings for my hubby for such a long time but didnt think I was worth anything else. So its kinda the best and worst of the WLS

This is my 2nd chance at life and I aint gonna waste it!

Back