• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Big thank yous...I'm feeling much braver!

LisaG

Disappearing slowly
Hi all,

Well it's day 2 of pre-op diet (liquid only). Thank you to everyone who has left me lovely messages over the past few days. I'm feeling much more positive and not so scared any more. Managed to have 2 good nights of sleep and that has made all the difference.

Feeling much better than yesterday diet wise too - even decided to take lots of very scary pre-op photos :eek: Haven't managed to post them on here yet and think maybe I won't until I have something better to compare them to but we'll see....maybe I'll get braver still as the date gets closer.

:):):)

Good good am pleased ur feeling better, we are all here to support you. Lisa what is the liquid diet at the whit, how many cals and carbs per day xx

My pre-op diet

Good good am pleased ur feeling better, we are all here to support you. Lisa what is the liquid diet at the whit, how many cals and carbs per day xx

Hi Roch,

I know you probably won't get this now as you'll be getting prepared for your surgery.

Anyway, I'm not doing the Whitt's food diet but their liquid one. They say 5 x slimfasts a day, diet fizzy drink or fizzy water allowed, tea & coffee - no caffiene or milk though. You can also have 1 portion of sugar free jelly and a stock cube a day.

I've been a little naughty really (as that amounts to just over 1000 kcals and I know that VCLDs are supposed to be 600ish) and I'm having:

4 slimfasts a day (1 1/2 scoops - not 2 full ones)
minus a bit of milk in each so I can have 1 cup of decaf tea a day (can't drink it black but need something warm)
1 portion sugar free jelly
3-4 litres of water
No stock - urgh!

Comes to about 650kcals a day. I hope that's okay. It's day 3 and I'm doing okay so far. A bit worried about not having enough protein and not sure whether to take my vitamin tablet or not as I don't want to affect ketosis.

What do you think? Should that do the trick?

Hi Lisa so glad your feeling happier with things you seem to be coping well with the pre-op i felt awful up until about day 4 then was fine after that. Were always here if you need us, take care and best of luck with the rest of your pre-op xxx

I think the stock cube, or at least some form of it such as bovril or marmite, might be essential for sodium, iron & B vitamins.

Does anyone know whether it's possible to substitute Slimfast for Whey Protein (low carb variety) instead? I can't stand Slimfast but think psychologically I'd cope much better with the liquid diet for 4 weeks than trying to eat low carb "normal" food.

Glad you are feeling more up than down. I posted continuously on here pre op, and thankfully I got the support I really needed. I knew when I entered the hospital on the day of my op there were people out there thinking of me and wishing me well and I could feel it. It is there for you too. It is not an easy choice we make, but it is the right one. When you feel nervous or apprehensive, just post. We are a message away.

i started my pre-op milk diet yesterday.
Every day i have to consume....

4 pints milk
2 pints other liquid (tea, coffee, diet fizz, water etc)
1 sachet of sugar free jelly (not a huge fan of jelly but am taking it to work so i have something to eat while everone else does)
1 stock cube type drink (chicken oxo is yummy)
and take 1 multivit/mineral tablet

I am on this for the next 2 weeks

i started my pre-op milk diet yesterday.
Every day i have to consume....

4 pints milk
2 pints other liquid (tea, coffee, diet fizz, water etc)
1 sachet of sugar free jelly (not a huge fan of jelly but am taking it to work so i have something to eat while everone else does)
1 stock cube type drink (chicken oxo is yummy)
and take 1 multivit/mineral tablet

I am on this for the next 2 weeks

Thanks for sharing Nightwitch. Did your hospital say that 2 weeks was enough? I'm on day 4 of 4 weeks and just ate a few brazil nuts and a biscuit! Feel terrible and am hoping it hasn't done too much damage and that I have enough time left to shrink that liver!

I think the stock cube, or at least some form of it such as bovril or marmite, might be essential for sodium, iron & B vitamins.

Does anyone know whether it's possible to substitute Slimfast for Whey Protein (low carb variety) instead? I can't stand Slimfast but think psychologically I'd cope much better with the liquid diet for 4 weeks than trying to eat low carb "normal" food.

Thanks Twiggie. I tried a bit of stock yesterday. It was very salty but bearable and I actually felt a lot better today. May try and have a little bit every few days.

Thanks Twiggie. I tried a bit of stock yesterday. It was very salty but bearable and I actually felt a lot better today. May try and have a little bit every few days.

If you don't like Oxos (they are very salty, I prefer to use Kallo stock cubes in cooking) how about trying the vegetable Bouillon granules? They make a very tasty drink too ;)

Back