• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd day of pre op diet and I'm feeling it

Samy1986

Yesterday I started my pre op milk diet I didn't find it too bad and this morning I was still feeling good about it but now I am feeling it ( it must be the smells of roast dinner!) I'm determined not to slip so if anyone has any ideas to keep me going I would very much appreciate it x x

ME TOO!!!! I woke up feeling fine and dandy, lunchtime ok, now I'm ready to eat my arm :-/

What exactly are you having?

My saving grace was a cup of bovril last night and I've just had a knorr stock cube which was like heaven in a cup lol :)

Hubby just bought a big bag of sugar free jelly home from work (he a chef) so I shall be scoffing that later....

Xx

Yeah sounds the same I keep reading today the 3rd day is the worse and not finding it to bad iv just got the feeling after you've been sick and your stomachs empty hoping it will go I'm having a bypass yeah I'm the same I look forwards to my bovril in the evening and have been spreading my jelly through the day 1 pint is not enough lol when I woke this morning the thought of drinking milk again made me feel sick and I'm having trouble getting through 2 litres of fluids as I drink my milk when I'm thirsty but my friend had a bypass she said she stuck to it and was down for around 2 hours but a lady who went down before her still wasn't back when she was and she said that she didn't stick to it as she couldn't do it! So I keep thinking of this and finding it my motivation! It's harder when my daughters eating her dinner my mums cooking for her and everything smells good lol

Aw that sounds really hard to stick to it while others have roast dinner. Is there any meals your daughter likes that you dont? I have said my hubby can have pizza or any pasta dish once I start the milk diet. I don't eat tomato due to allergy so Pizza etc means he is happy and I am not tempted. You are doing very well and the motivation of a smoother operation is a really good tip. Ty I will be pinching that one ;)
Kat
x

I've handled my milk diet by having stock cube or bovril both for lunch and dinner. After the first day I've found out that I can't stand a full day on sweetish (milk tastes sweetish to me).

I'm fine now iv stopped having the bovril as I feel sick thinking about it so most days im on just milk and water and if I'm really feeling hungry I'm having my jelly day 3 was a killer but day 4 I woke up with so much optimism I knew I could do it I still get weighed in at my slimming world class from the Tuesday to Friday I ate all I could the milk diet started Saturday then got weighed in again on the tuesday and had lost 7 lbs from the week before so that was more of an incentive to do it as less weight means less anaesthetic! So tomorrow is week 2 and Tuesday is my second weigh in I'm expecting to lose 10lbs I hope lol x

Bally you haven't got long to go now how exciting where are you having it done? X

Bally you haven't got long to go now how exciting where are you having it done? X

I'll have it on Monday, May 6th. Excited, scared, happy, terrified...definitely emotional and not allowed food to comfort...
I'm in Italy and will have it done privately in Rome. Our NHS is less strict than yours and everybody is accorded funding if BMI>40. The problem in Italy is the lack of hospital beds so we have 18/24 months waiting lists after another 6/12 months of random appointments for assessment, tests and checks. I was gaining weight too fast to wait and, luckily, I have a corporate health insurance that will cover ALL my expenses.

Back