• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bigger big body squad

princess4d4

did anyone see this on channel 5 lastnight ?? i was shocked at the time it took to remove a man from his crashed vehicle and all they were going on about was cost and time being 50% more than a normal crash surely this is another reason why they should make wls easier to get to cut the costs to other services such as fire/ambulance

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
No I didn't watch this as I do tend to avoid these kind of programmes as they never give an honest view on things but in the darkest recesses of my warped brain this was always a big concern I had. What ifs? etc I live in an upstairs of an old tenement flat so if anything happened that I needed emergency care I don't know how the emergency services would have gotten me out and down the two flights of stairs. I only know that when I was admitted as an emergency when I was 21 & 17st they asked me to walk down them then :eek:.

los in it

I was thinking the same thing ,all about how each stage of the mans rescue cost this and cost that, if he wasn't already scared and frightened then anyone watching would have been shocked and angry at the cost! I now look forward to watching regular hospital programme with "smaller people" having A&E treatment and hearing the voice over person saying " this smaller person is costing the nhs £xxx for falling over drunk in the street and breaking a toe or arm".....but that's not going to happen is it ?

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Exactly hun!

princess4d4

thats just it though they dont do them programmes only the ones that make bigger people the bad guys they need to make it easier to get the surgery we need and then when more people have it and the costs get cut for other treatments rescues etc they wont have nothing to complain about but i guess thats too much like hard work for them

Val

Committed Weight Loser
I'm going out on a limb here not to offend anyone or just to be arsey but I have to say..
I did feel a little embarrassed and also guilty, in my case I made myself fat no one else did it too me and I would die of embarrassment if I was so fat I could not be gotton out of a wrecked car...:(

I have operations in the past and when I hear we will need a larger wheelchair etc my toes curl with embarrassment.

The reality girls and guys, we are a drain on society in those circumstances. We do cost more to transport, to treat and to assist..when I hurt my back and could not move paramedics arrived and had to call for another paramedic to help move me without causing more pain..
Reality is that paramedic could of been needed to maybe a child in an accident but he had to help the fat lady who hurt her back...
So now like all of you Im doing something about it, because I don't want my husband or children to push me around in an oversized wheelchair... :/

sorry if I was a little outspoken but its what I felt:(

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Val I'm with you on this ... I was mortified when at 17st I was asked to walk down those stairs.. So at 27st 7lbs you could say I was sweating cobs at the thought of becoming an emergency case for whatever reason. I would have felt guilty as hell knowing the costs.. Worse still I used to worry about what if I died in my sleep .. How would they get me out of the house & at what cost to my family!! Morbid I know.

emma-louise

my new life!!
I'm going out on a limb here not to offend anyone or just to be arsey but I have to say..
I did feel a little embarrassed and also guilty, in my case I made myself fat no one else did it too me and I would die of embarrassment if I was so fat I could not be gotton out of a wrecked car...:(

I have operations in the past and when I hear we will need a larger wheelchair etc my toes curl with embarrassment.

The reality girls and guys, we are a drain on society in those circumstances. We do cost more to transport, to treat and to assist..when I hurt my back and could not move paramedics arrived and had to call for another paramedic to help move me without causing more pain..
Reality is that paramedic could of been needed to maybe a child in an accident but he had to help the fat lady who hurt her back...
So now like all of you Im doing something about it, because I don't want my husband or children to push me around in an oversized wheelchair... :/

sorry if I was a little outspoken but its what I felt:(

Inot outspoken at all val,your totally right.

But perhaps tv makers should balance things out...
When programmes are made when the drunk and disorderly are needing ambulance services and extra policing to control their foul behaviour or hospital treatment because they have drunk themselves to near death.
The voice over on the programmes should mention the cost of services needed to deal with these idiots
Ido the public not realise the local town idiots on a fri/sat night are a drain on society???
I stop picking on the obese all the time!.

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
This just my opinion alone ..alchohol and cigarettes puts money into the (any) government coffers. Being obese dosent. They dont bark on about the fact that the first two cause a severe drain on the system because of that.. the obese person on the other hand is an easy target.

princess4d4

as an ex smoker and ex drinker i never drank myself into oblivion so cant say i was a drain my weight however is my fault it is a drain but it wasnt even over eating it was under eating but there are also those on the other end of the scale like anorexics who cost the health service maybe just as much as obese people its an illness even if a lot is self inflicted but that dont mean to say that we should be ridiculed on tv because of it

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Not doubting you for a minute hun but I used to say the same and indeed I did under eat through the day actually I didn't eat or drink from rising till mid afternoon.. It was when my body realised it was starving that I would go bananas with food and gorge a large amount in a relatively short time usually until my main meal then I would stop for the rest of the day. I had to mentally recognise & acknowledge that this behaviour had to stop and was the main reason for my weight problem and I needed to make amends. It's amazing how much one can pack in in a couple of hours! The dietician recommended that I started with eating three meals a day and three snacks in between as well as incorporating liquids in there too which was totally alien to me. I remember thinking there is no way I can eat this or lose weight doing so ... I did and within 8 weeks lost 4 stone! Good luck hun x

princess4d4

yeah they got me on 2200 calories but was gradual build up now down to 1800 calories its hard going hate so much food but needs must

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Make the most of it because it's going to get less again ;)
One thing I have been prone to since my bypass is blood sugar falls if I don't eat at least every three hours. So it's a case of needs must now but obviously they are a tad bit more moderate portions that I get now :)

princess4d4

im seeing it as yes i will have to eat more often post op but the portion sizes i eat in a day will be less than even the 1 meal i was eating before and im sure my head is already post op as i am not eating the amounts hubby dishes up anymore i am cutting them down in readyness i think

princess4d4

so again this weeks episode was all cost based really had enough now of them degrading bigger people with costs fot this that and the other how about they do it to the smaller people and see how they like it

and the guy who had his leg amputated because of the diabetes shouldnt they be more considerate and be offering to help him rather than just chopping bits of really