• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Birmingham, Heartlands, Midlands....anyone in my area?

I'll b at that meeting too not been for a while always went pre op and not been post op yet, iv been solihulls post op once so I'll try and make that one xx

It'll be great to see you Laura. Although I think I got the time wrong - it should be 6:30 - 8:30pm. Sorry!:eek:

FuturePerfect said:
It'll be great to see you Laura. Although I think I got the time wrong - it should be 6:30 - 8:30pm. Sorry!:eek:

I thought it was 6 too lol I'll see u at 6.30 xx

Can I just say, do not ask Heartlands to confirm what your PCT's criteria is. If I had listened to them, I would have given up.

South Birmingham PCT still follows NICE guidelines. Until Dec Heartlands will still telling me a BMI of 50+ was needed. They told me the fundings manager at my PCT must be wrong when he told me they are still following NICE. Well I got my funding. So Heartlands were wrong.

Best thing to do is contact your PCT and they will confirm their criteria. It ill save you a lot of stress :)

The PCT are now forming 'clusters' and the rules are changing. What was Birmingham East & North PCT now comes under Birmingham & Solihull Cluster. These are commissioning clusters. Heartlands are fed into by old South, old BEN and old HoB (Heart of Birmingham), so will be clueless as to what the criteria are.

Birmingham & Solihull Cluster now say BMI of 50 (48 with co-morbidities).

With 1st April approaching and austerity measures in full swing, expect a hard fight.

That is exactly why wild horses couldnt stop me having my bypass now. The fight for funding is getting harder. SBPCT were suppose to go into consultations in October to do with clusters and change their criteria. But it was delayed and the commissioning managers have not changed the criteria yet.

But I am guessing in the near future they will get their act together and change it. So I can only say phew that my fight is finally over and I am on the home straight :) I feel for people who are not yet :(

How do find out about these clusters?? Is there something online i can read? My pct is south staffs x

MissyMustDoIt said:
How do find out about these clusters?? Is there something online i can read? My pct is south staffs x

I emailed pals at my pct and they explained it all. They contacted the commissioning manager for me and cut and paste the response to me :)

was the info specific to your pct....or does it involve more....?

MissyMustDoIt said:
was the info specific to your pct....or does it involve more....?

Specific chick x

could i just email SSPCT?

then, i dont know if i want to know the truth, i already think they will refuse me for surgery....im just not ready to figure out what the options are if im refused :(

MissyMustDoIt said:
could i just email SSPCT?

then, i dont know if i want to know the truth, i already think they will refuse me for surgery....im just not ready to figure out what the options are if im refused :(

Yeah. Email them. I thought that and got a pleasant surprise (though I still didn't believe them lol)

i emailed them.....about midday, now awaiting a reply....waiting...again! lol

in fact i think i emails PALS.....should i have emailed the SSPCT..

oh bugger...

im at heartlands , got my funding after 2 years in oct , had meeting with mr super 7th nov pre op monday 16th jan and op 10th feb , been on diet since , noow on pre op diet 800 cals a day 4 6 weeks

Why dont you pop along to Heartlands on Weds 18 Jan, 6-8pm? It is the best place to chat to people that have been there and have so much information to give out. And they all do it so willingly.
Good luck - My stats are at the bottom of my post.

Hi minoots, to 'pop' to heartlands is prob an hr drive, i would like to get further down the line before going to meets...when it comes to my weight im very fragile lol (hard faced on the outside) so would get myself all excited at a meet and if im let down with funding id be heartbroken...i know they are there though, so i will attend one day xx

MissyMustDoIt said:
in fact i think i emails PALS.....should i have emailed the SSPCT..

oh bugger...

Pals is perfect. I emailed my pct and they forwarded it to PALS anyway :)

lol ive now emailed both

ive called the WM at heartlands and they dont have my referral, so ive got the GP to fax it over again,

No one seems to be able to tell me SSPCT guidlines, although the lady on the phone at the weight management clinic asked me my BMI and when i said 44 she said that i probably dont meet criteria anyway...she didnt ask if i had any comorbidities though...good job ive read enough on here otherwise i would have been beside myself.

Anyway, hopefully they should recieve it today...we'll see

MissyMustDoIt said:
lol ive now emailed both

ive called the WM at heartlands and they dont have my referral, so ive got the GP to fax it over again,

No one seems to be able to tell me SSPCT guidlines, although the lady on the phone at the weight management clinic asked me my BMI and when i said 44 she said that i probably dont meet criteria anyway...she didnt ask if i had any comorbidities though...good job ive read enough on here otherwise i would have been beside myself.

Anyway, hopefully they should recieve it today...we'll see

I had the same from Heartlands. I wouldbt get funding. They wouldn't listen that my pct follows NICE guidelines. Just sit tight. Your pct will let you know. Mine contact back in 24 hours. Hope yours get a shift on soon.

I had the same from Heartlands. I wouldbt get funding. They wouldn't listen that my pct follows NICE guidelines. Just sit tight. Your pct will let you know. Mine contact back in 24 hours. Hope yours get a shift on soon.
i emailed PALS directly and have had no reply, i emailed PALS through the SSPCT site and got a reply almost immediatley advising that my email had been passed to another colleague to answer....

still waiting lol

Back