• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band surgery Birmingham-What happens on day??

EMPRESS PAULA

Hi all i am due for my Surgery on October 9th at Birmingham Heartlands with Dr Super on the NHS. I know he is a good surgeon, and am following pre op advise but i want to know if anyone who has been there can advise how the day progresses, i am told to arrive at 8am and to drink nothing but clear water up until 7am. What i want to know is do we all wait in the waiting area and called in 1 at a time, are we given a bed straight away, what happens when its your time, will i have anything stuck down my throat - if anyone can give me the procedure from start to finish and what to expect it will put my mind at rest greatly as i really dont know what to expect the pre-op nurse didnt tell me much! Thanks x

Hey, I didnt want to read and run..
Im nowhere near your stage and i'm going to Walsall Manor..
But the Ladies on here are excellent and no doubt, someone will offer you alot of the information, you are looking for.. Good Luck .. xx:)

If there is anyone thats had their band done at Birmingham can they PM me please as I have a friend that needs some advice.

Thanks hopefully in advance.

xx

Hi all thanks for your kind messages, got the low down now thanks to claire! Gaynor - will be back on here more now for the support etc!!! xx

Hi ,
I had my band done at heartlands on the 11th sept, when you firest get there you do go in a waiting room, but you are then called in to a small ward and given a bed, i had to be there for 8am but didnt have it done until around 11 am, there is a mixture of different ops being done , when i was there there was 2 bands , and afew hip operations, knee surgerys etc.......you dont have to get changd until your the next one to go down and they are all really nice there, hope this helps and any questions just shout

xxxx
Ez

Back