• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BIRMINGHAM WLS MEET FEB 2009

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
:party0011: :party0011: :party0011: :party0011:

Bring on the next gathering!

So who's up for a meet up in Birmingham in February?

I was thinking 21st February, at in the city centre? (Concerns re gangs at Star City).

I've found a reasonable hotel close to the Bull Ring, details at http://www.dhillonhotels.co.uk/para...ormation.php?gclid=CMHxq-mq-pYCFRyR1QodUmpNYA single rooms from £35, car parking available at a rate of £5 per night, or very close to birmingham new street station.

If people want to have a look at the Bull Ring the website is http://www.bullring.co.uk/website/default.aspx

So first of all, thoughts, and opinions on dates/venues etc please :D

Last edited:
Now that became a sticky mighty fast!

Thanks mods :) that will make it much easier to find!

Shell did you know theres a Minimins meet arranged for April in Birmingham?? Theres a good 'guest' list for it already. Why not incorporate the two :) Even if you guys met up somewhere in the afternoon and met up with the rest of us at night or vice versa, would be great to meet everyone

Hi Starlight, thanks for the suggestion :) We talked about it before the manchester one and most who wanted to attend were wary of going somewhere with lots of strangers, particularly when attitudes to surgery are sooo varied and strong, so at the time the general opinion was that for now we'd rather just stick together. No offense meant to anyone, sure you're all lovely etc :)

I wish youd consider it remember everyone whos there is doing their own diet and struggling with issues of their own, theres no way anyone would have an attitude, I can honestly say Ive never met a friendlier bunch of people than I did at the meets. Theres people there doing every diet under the sun... and then some ;)

Dont feel anyone would be negative towards you or your choices :) We dont bite... I promise...well not unless you ask lol x

Edited to a different venue, thanks to Dee for the local knowledge!

Yeah I will try and come!

oohh if you are meeting in the centre/bullring i might be able to make it! yay! :)
I can catch a train, it takes ages- so would you be able to do it lunch time or something to give me time to get there??

Xxx Lizzie xxX

Well I'm planning on staying over somewhere, hubby will probably come too, so we'll be there early afternoon as free on a saturday from 12.00noon onwards and it's a 2 hour drive.

As a Brummie born and bred and still resident in Brum, count me in! :D

Not too sure about the Paragon Hotel though. I have stayed there and the rooms are not very nice. The hotel car park is a criminal magnet and the walk to the Bull Ring is around 10 - 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Lol Red might be best looking around at some other options then! Any suggestions?

Lol Red might be best looking around at some other options then! Any suggestions?

Am at work, sneaking a quick peaky before official start time. I'll post up some suggestions at lunch time.

But I'm deffo in!

Yes, I would love to come. Mr. PG would also probably come, especially if it is a stay-over distance by train from Manchester.

Sounds good, will follow this thread to see the further details but count me in. Never been to area so sounds fun.

Hokay!

The Paragon is cheap but does have some pitfalls (as described in my earlier post). :eek:

I've had a quick scout of City hotels/motels and have found that Travelodge on Broad Street (busy busy at night time as Broad Street is the night club strip!) are doing a special of £19 per room per night - but on the 14th Feb. 7th Feb is £49 per room, per night. Click here for the Travelodge website. Search for Birmingham Central.

Another option is the Britannia Hotel on New Street; right across from the Bull Ring. This is currently offering a special online booking rate of £47 per room, per night. Click here.

These are based on 2 people sharing. Another altrenative is to stay at one of the out of city hotels (there's a few on Hagley Road) and travel in by bus or taxi. I would be happy to be native guide (or maybe anopther Brummie member would like to be?!)

I would respectfully suggest that a good place to meet would be by the statue of Admiral Nelson, which is next to Selfridges - aka the Bubble Wrap building (Yo! Sushi! is in there...) and overlooks St. Martin-in-the-Bull Ring church. There are seats there and is an easy-to-find and central meeting place. If it's raining, there is a Starbucks hard by.

What say all you 'losers'? :)

can't do 14th, my hubby will be doing something extraordinarily romantic and expensive for me that day. He just doesn't know yet :giggle:

can't get the brittannia hotel reservation enquiry to work :( it's being mean.

Back