• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bit of a Stall - any ideas??

lyzzyanne

Happy shrinking bypasser!
I have been losing 3 and 4 lbs a week and realise that its not likely to continue that way forever, but for the past couple of weeks despite doing what I have been doing all the time previously, I have virtually stopped losing weight.
I think I am aware of it as I am now 99lbs down and desperate to crack the 100lbs.

With my sensible head on I can see its a stall, I KNOW that I am not cheating and I record everything I eat plus I do all my fluids on myfitness pal. So do I just ride it out? Is there anything else I can do?

I am four months out and looking for ideas.

hi lizzyanne i am three months post op and have also found the weight loss has slowed right down i get worried when i dont lose any.

Me too 15 weeks out and for the past 5 weeks have only lost 2lb, I actually put on a lb one week. I just think to myself well at least its coming off albeit really slowy. I notice some people go back on milk for a few days to kick start weightloss again but I think I would find that incredible difficult but if this carries on I may give it a go.

My weight loss has slowed down a bit too. I was losing a great amount at around average 4lb a week but it's slowed down to an average of 2lb a week now (although fingers crossed for at least a 3 this week as I've upped my exercise). I think from around 4 or so months (less if you lost more pre op) out things just slow down a bit. The body can't keep losing at that rate, the shock of the change of diet is over and it's now adjusting to the new way of life. I'm thinking you just have to ride it out, as long as you sticking to it, which you are, then you will continue to lose weight. This is something that I'm having to come to terms with too that the really big numbers aren't going to be as common anymore but can and will still happen. Things you can do to try and break a stall are up exercise if possible or try something different. Drink more water if possible, helps prevent retention and constipation that can upset the scales. Try reducing carbs, upping protein even more for a little while or try alternating your calorie intake. For example try 100 more or less for a week and alternate that to keep your body guessing. Just some ideas but I'm thinking in general it's a ride it out thing and I think a lot of the time it tends to average out in the end anyway. So after a stall you will drop a big number to make up for it. Good luck, hopefully this week will be better for you :) x

Thank you, I am sticking with it and riding it out, I am not surprised that my body is complaining it'll settle down soon I hope!!!

Back