• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bit of a 'wibble'

tpt

Uber geek
OK - so I deal in fact not emotion and am not taken to emotional drama. Been under the knife loads, not phased in the slightest....

..only I appear to be having a bit of a wibble. I am losing weight - am now on milk til the Op on Tues, the weight is dropping off - so in the back of my mind I am questioning ' do I really need this...it's a lot of money which could pay for a new Harley?'..talked to hubby who reminded me of the 3 stone I lost last year and the 4 I put back on, and tells me how he sits watching me self-destruct but ramming comfort food down my throat. Oh and the 2 stone I lost the year before that and the 3 I put back on. And the days it takes me 40 minutes to get out of bed because my hips are so bad and exacerbated by carrying all this extra weight.

I drove down South yesterday to see family and they were discussing Xmas - and while I won't be down there with them over Yule (I live up north) my aunt made a casual comment about her home made mince pies (my absolute favourite thing in the world) and I experienced a bit of what I can only describe as a 'wibble'..oh my god, never being able to eat a mince pie again? HORROR!!! Then it was never eating xmas dinner again......and off I went till I slapped myself hard and got on with something to take my mind off it. Silly cow - of course I can eat dinners - just a lot less of them!!

So - what say you? Did you get wibbles? I have to do this. I cannot afford to get any heavier - my arthritis is dictating what I can & can't do and I am not having it. My feet and ankles (broken both twice in previously) swell so bad it hurts to walk. And like I have mentioned before, I don't want to spend the 2nd half of my life in a viscous guilt cycle over food.

So - there are the facts - is it because I am getting older that I am getting 'soft' or is this entirely normal and you all went through a bit of a wibble too?

salski

Hi tpt - erm...wibbles? No I cant say I felt like that. Everyone goes for this op for different reasons....all I truely felt was that a year or two down the road I could look to have children...for me everything else was worth it!
For you - like you say you dont want to spend the 2nd half of my life in a viscous guilt cycle over food/in pain due to excess weight...then this operation may give you the chance NOT to do any of the above. weight up the pro's and cons...literally make the list!
And yeah hun - its a huge operation and a huge step....could it be worth it? Only you can make that choice...either way...Im sure we will all be here to help and support you, as well as your family and friends.
Big hugs x

rybens

yorkie puddin!
I wibble all the time already and im not even near having the op so god knows what ill be like when i do lol, sure every one has thoughts like this its normal, but that feeling you will have when its all over will be 100 times better than any mince pie! take care and good luck with the op x

LizzieBee

Loving being a loser!
I totally wibbled two days before the op!
Like you, the weight was dropping off on the pre-op diet and surely this time it would be for good so did I need the op?
Then I got hold of myself by my shoulders and ran through the numerous weight losses and gains, the times my emotions had dictated my eating and how much of my headspace was taken up by my weight... I knew of course that without the surgery I would put the lbs lost pre-op back on plus a good few extra for good measure.
The surgery is the tool you have been waiting for to help you to change your lifestyle completely and lose these lbs for good!
There will be Christmas dinners and mince pies but, you're right, in smaller quantities.
I am sure your OH and you would prefer a happier, healthier you to a new Harley...
Gather your strength... You deserve this op to be able to be able to spring out of your bed and to enjoy your future fully!
Love to you
Lx

ladybird_gal

OK - so I deal in fact not emotion and am not taken to emotional drama. Been under the knife loads, not phased in the slightest....

..only I appear to be having a bit of a wibble. I am losing weight - am now on milk til the Op on Tues, the weight is dropping off - so in the back of my mind I am questioning ' do I really need this...it's a lot of money which could pay for a new Harley?'..talked to hubby who reminded me of the 3 stone I lost last year and the 4 I put back on, and tells me how he sits watching me self-destruct but ramming comfort food down my throat. Oh and the 2 stone I lost the year before that and the 3 I put back on. And the days it takes me 40 minutes to get out of bed because my hips are so bad and exacerbated by carrying all this extra weight.

I drove down South yesterday to see family and they were discussing Xmas - and while I won't be down there with them over Yule (I live up north) my aunt made a casual comment about her home made mince pies (my absolute favourite thing in the world) and I experienced a bit of what I can only describe as a 'wibble'..oh my god, never being able to eat a mince pie again? HORROR!!! Then it was never eating xmas dinner again......and off I went till I slapped myself hard and got on with something to take my mind off it. Silly cow - of course I can eat dinners - just a lot less of them!!

So - what say you? Did you get wibbles? I have to do this. I cannot afford to get any heavier - my arthritis is dictating what I can & can't do and I am not having it. My feet and ankles (broken both twice in previously) swell so bad it hurts to walk. And like I have mentioned before, I don't want to spend the 2nd half of my life in a viscous guilt cycle over food.

So - there are the facts - is it because I am getting older that I am getting 'soft' or is this entirely normal and you all went through a bit of a wibble too?

I went through all this. Well except for the bike I guess, although I would quite like to have a ride on one! I had wibbles off and on right up until I went through the theatre door. My husband has talked about me self destructung too! I am pleased I've done this. It is a big step, but I am tired of losing and gaining. Everytime I lose I gain more. This (Ihope) will stop the yoyoing. The aching body and lack of mobility was awful. Now, 2 months or so on I have more mobility. I feel so much better. I can eat out. I have to get used to leaving food which is hard, but at least I can taste some of it.
Yesterday I bought an outfit from Nitya - a make I used to look at but never thought I could buy from.
So for me the wibbles were normal, but I am glad I got over them!
You have to make your own mind up though. Take care. x x x

Red 42

novice bypasser
sending you big :grouphugg:hugs.

I've had the occasional wibble since banding and still miss not being able to have a 'normal' plateful of food (normal for me was massive :eek:) and have to remind myself everytime I eat that it's not a race :rolleyes: but like you I had to stop doing crazy diets where I'd lose a couple of stones then put it all back on and some more :(

I think what you're feeling is quite normal but that will hopefully settle down once the weight starts melting away...for good.

good luck for your op on Tuesday :fingerscrossed:

mandym1

I'm wibbling all over the place!!! But I know this is the only option and I'll be able to live a full life, maybe even be blessed with a baby. Too many positives for me to back out... dont know when my op will be but I hope its soon..x

topsy

It is understandable to have 'wibbles and wobbles' prior to your op - i didn't have any but my 'wibbles and wobbles' came after my op!!!! Because i had some complications after the op it has slowed my recovery but i am recovering and i now have good days as well as bad days and soon there will be more good days than the bad ones.

My mother in law cooks the most amazing Christmas dinner and believe you me if i had to i would liquidise it - however, by the time Christmas comes i will be eating her wonderful food albeit a smaller portion but i will savour the taste and enjoy it more.

The positive thing about wls is that you will lose weight and if you are sensible you will keep it off forever.

Sending you hugs with fairy dust to help you over your 'wibbles'xx

thinkbethin

Its a natural feeling to have the wibble wobbles lol. Don't fret and get yourself all worked up because you will then start regretting the decision you've made to have surgery. You will be fine and look back on these wibble wobbles and laugh to yourself. Your new life awaits you, so what more could you wish for??

tpt

Uber geek
I have a giant box of Ferrero Rochet in my front room and I just had one (obviously as chocolate is the answer to everything!!) and waved them good bye as my hubby strolled out of the room, box clutched to his chest informing me that 'he is doing me a favour'. It didn't taste as good as it should have and it's been my only 'cheat' so I am cool with it.

I am not quite sure what the 'wibbles' are for..I am not worried about the actual surgery, I am doing the wound dressing myself ( hospital is over 100 miles from my house and I am NOT driving all that way for them to look at my scars and say 'uhuh..they look fine'), I guess it's the enourmity of it? Blimey - I didn't get like this when I got married :eek::eek::eek:

thinkbethin

You are going to be fine sweetheart, you just have to sit and think for a while the reason why you even considered having surgery. There must have been a point when you thought "enough is enough". I don't know of anyone on here that has truely regretted having weight loss surgery and I doubt you will once you've had your op and on the road to loserville.