• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bits left inside me and hi

saffrons

hey,
quick history on my story. I had a band put in in 2006 in Belgium all was great lost 10st then got pregnant, then started having pains a year after surgery. needed to have the band removed in 2008 have since been in and out of hos over the past 2 years with severe pains in left side of my stomach. no true diagnosis just dont worry it could be a hernia. had a private ct scan as i am looking to have the sleeve done, it turns out i do not have a hernia but some metal has been left inside me from the band removal. pct are not prepared to pay for the removal of said metal until i put my case to the panel. this seems crazy to me as i have been so restricted in what i have been able to do over the past couple of years not been able to exercise or even laugh hard as i have the most intense pain ever. am now scared about having it out as consultant thinks its going to be very difficult as it has been in so long. on top of this pct denied me funding for the sleeve even with bmi 59 and all the problems with my stomach. rant over i just dont know what my next step is.
i should be having my gallbladder out due to gallstones on the 22nd oct but want the metal removing and sleeve done at the same time as i dont want more than one op. nobody seems to want to help or listen to me or fix their mistakes:mad::mad::mad:

Thats the way the NHS works, you have to put your case to them properly so that their processes work and they have legal counsel. You need to speak to a solicitor.Also a lot of pcts will only fund BMI over 60 now due to more and more people wanting surgery, however you fit the NICE guidelines so should appeal.

Sorry you have been through such a horrid experience.

Oh my god!!! Saffrons that is dreadful...surely the nhs can remove the metal as it is obviously causing so much pain to you...that can't be dependant on wls funding surely? I mean this is a mistake and is causing you pain...why can't they forget about the weight loss part and get that out of you asap??? I am really shocked as this was not your fault and surely a special circumstances case???
Maybe someone who works in the health service on here can help or at least ask questions for you....
Hope you stick around on here as well x

Hi Saffrons and firstly welcome to the site. You have come to the right place for help and support as you will get that here. I really can't give you any advice on the nhs as i had to go privately as i didn't meet my pct criteria. However i just wanted to say how sorry i am that you are in pain through a mistake that your hospital made originally and now you are having to justify why you want/need it removed. The system sure is a crazy one! I really hope you get it all sorted out and get your one and only op. Good luck xx

thanks everyone.. going to see my gp tomorrow morning so we can get evidence of how many times i have been to see him re stomach pains and get a copy of my ct scan sent over to the pct and look at the number of times i have been admitted to hos. its shockin that the nhs did not discover this sooner and i have had to pay to find out the problem. i was going to go private but i am not going to pay for them to fish out this metal as they suggested to me.

Who ever removed the band wether Nhs or Private should be liable because they left wot ever it was inside of you, and therefore they should correct this, On the terms of wls that is another issue altogether. Get the piece of metal removed first and foremost and then move onto the wls aspect.

Wishing you all the best - MeJuliexx

Hiya hun - welcome to the site - I cant offer any advice, but I agree with Julie above!
Good luck with tomorrow and let us know how you get on. Also dont forget you can always change GP's if he/she is not as helpful as you need x

Back