• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did anyone have a draine left in after surgery???

miss shan

Just wondering if anyone had a draine left in after surgery? Iv been watching loads of utube videos and some people have draines in that come out after but others don't so im confused as to if you need it or not. the thought of something hanging out of me and having to be removed later scares me just a little.

Just wondering if anyone had a draine left in after surgery? Iv been watching loads of utube videos and some people have draines in that come out after but others don't so im confused as to if you need it or not. the thought of something hanging out of me and having to be removed later scares me just a little.

Hiya
I had my surgery 5 weeks ago in Sunderland and did not have a drain in at all.

Good luck
Xxx

I had a drain for the first 24 hours or so.

I'm 9 months post op, had a bypass and never had a drain either

I had my bypass in Belgium and had a drain for the first couple of days. My only problem with it was tangling it in my drip when I went for a walk :p

Lynn x

I had my bypass in Belgium and had a drain for the first couple of days. My only problem with it was tangling it in my drip when I went for a walk :p Lynn x

Yep! I was given a safety pin to hang mine that i would not have to carry it in my hands and get it tangled ;)

O my! Did it hurt when they took it out?

I had my bypass done at the same place as Lynn, yes the drain is pretty horrible coming out but it last about 3 or 4 seconds then its all over.

Given that the drain bottle actually was half full it seems a reasonable precaution. Depends on the op of course but with a bypass they need to check it regularly to make sure there is no bile in there. You surgeon can advise.

I had my bypass done at the same place as Lynn, yes the drain is pretty horrible coming out but it last about 3 or 4 seconds then its all over. Given that the drain bottle actually was half full it seems a reasonable precaution. Depends on the op of course but with a bypass they need to check it regularly to make sure there is no bile in there. You surgeon can advise.

Thanks for the information. X

Yes I had a drain for a couple of days, but never hurt coming out. I had a Sleeve.

All the best with your journey, and operation.

Back