• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Blooming Cars...

Mrs Quiggle

I'm all carred out. Looking for a new car is no fun. Well buying a new new car is probably megga fun but not looking for a decent 3rd hand new car. Found a few on ebay but not brave enough to buy without seeing them and although there's one in Billericay which is about an hour away that looks good, after today, not sure Tim will want to drive all the way over there again.

I found one this morning on Auto Trader and it looked fab. I rang to find out how many miles it had done and the bloke said 43,000 and it had 8 months MOT etc etc. Went all the way over to Rainham in Essex and found the car in a car lot with some bloke sitting in a portacabin. Firstly the car wouldn't start, so he had to get another battery to jump start it. Then we found out it had actually done 96,000 miles not 43,000 and the MOT runs out in March. I took it for a test drive and blooming eck it was awful. I drive a Nissan Micra every day, a P reg one and this was a 2002 one and drove like something that was about 50 years old. The engine warning light was on the whole time, the clutch was on it's way out and it was really just a pile of crap. What a waste of time and petrol money.

I never seem to find decent small cars for sale round here. I have £700 and Tim said I can make it up to £900 out of our savings so not a bad amount of money but round here most decent cars are over a grand. Just can't go any higher than that. I know I'm moaning again lol but some silly sod crashed into mine on the 11th of December and I know that when I put it in the garage they will write it off financially then I just wont have a car any more.

I'm dying my hair now then I'm going to have a lovely hot shower and put my jammies on and order takeaway (for everyone else of course I'm having tuna and salad) I'm going to forget about cars for a bit :rolleyes:

Kate x

Have you thought about car auctions? there is quite a well established on in South London (Deptford) but there might be some nearer you?

Sounds like you have a good evening planned. I'm off for a hot NAS blackcurrant!

Have you thought about car auctions? there is quite a well established on in South London (Deptford) but there might be some nearer you?

Sounds like you have a good evening planned. I'm off for a hot NAS blackcurrant!

OOh ThanksI wonder how far Depford is from me. Is there a way of telling what's there before you go. There is one where I used to live near Elmstead Market near Colchester and I think my brother has brought a car from there. Maybe I'll ask him if he'll come with me one evening.

Enjoy your blackcurrent. xxx

It's a lot closer than Essex, yes you can inspect and see the cars before you buy them. I did a quick google (other search engines are available) search and there seem to be plenty all over the place. Nearly every one seems to have a website, so the cars are bound to be listed prior to you turning up.

Just asked Tim where Depford is and he said there is a car auction very near us near Asda so might have a look down there. Wonder if you can test drive the cars first too. Will have a look.

Thanks
Kate x

Just asked Tim where Depford is and he said there is a car auction very near us near Asda so might have a look down there. Wonder if you can test drive the cars first too. Will have a look.

Thanks
Kate x

we bought a car from a auction once, you couldnt test drive them and it was a right pain, needed new gear box after two weeks, you buy as seen so do be careful Kate x

ooww it should be fun shopping for a new car....not so when someone else has written yours off :(

i worked in insurance for 5 years and some people were really upset to see their cars go...BUT you will find something else xx

Back