• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

blumin wound up & angry!

waynetta

I'm on the losers Rd.
I can't believe that people, are so easy to judge us for making the blumin hard decision to put our lives at risk, by having WLS, which will actually improve our chances of living a longer and more healthier life. I followed that link that Brunetteandred put on and read what shelly somebody had wrote and i'm really wound up now! My decision to have WLS was no way an easy option. I'm really scared that something will go terribly wrong during or after the surgery, that would mean I would'nt be around to see my gorgeous baby grow up! No this is not the blumin easy way! :mad:

Hey Allie, we know that. I have just made a hopefully sensible and rational post that will quel any doubters. The moderator has also posted up there.

We have discussed the 'stigma' of WLS on here since I have been posting and I am sure it has been discussed loads befor ethen too.

Everyone on the WLS section of the forum will have come down a long, painful road to get to this stage and until the doubters have reached their 'Last Chance Saloon', they will never understand.

So cheer up chickadee! You too will be a loser!

Hey Allie, we know that. I have just made a hopefully sensible and rational post that will quel any doubters. The moderator has also posted up there.

We have discussed the 'stigma' of WLS on here since I have been posting and I am sure it has been discussed loads befor ethen too.

Everyone on the WLS section of the forum will have come down a long, painful road to get to this stage and until the doubters have reached their 'Last Chance Saloon', they will never understand.

So cheer up chickadee! You too will be a loser!
Cheers Angela, I can't believe how angry I felt about her remark....but then again it is my time of month!!! I'm evil. lol x

Hey Ali I have not seen the thread but I also have PMT right now and boy its pretty vengeful, I am like a grizzly bear that has been poked all day long, I cant wait for it to end lol....we all know its not an easy option, this is one of the reasons I have only told a few people as I know I would get far too many negative comments and its my body and my life therefore my decision...dont let the b*****s grind you down...xx

Please dont let one persons ignorance about the WLS procedures upset you. I think most people on Minimins know WLS is a last resort and a long difficult road to go down.

Dont let one post get you wound up and upset when it is just that - one post *HUGS*

wls is far from an easy option, every one of us that makes the decision to have surgery is very brave, people that say its an easy option are just ignorant to how hard it really is and also ignorant to the facts about wls, these are just brain dead ppl that know nothing, the numpties of the world, as long as we are happy with our decisions then thats all that matters xxx

Thanks to all of you wonderful people, I have calmed down now and chilling! lol

I'm sorry but I could not resist posting on that thread after I read it. Here is what I posted:

People who don't understand what wls is all about often make the mistake of thinking it is an 'easy option' or a 'short cut', which is understandable. However, it is the exact opposite of easy or short.

Yes weight loss can be greatly accelerated by wls but the process is hard, painful and requires life-long maintenance. The truth is that diet and exercise is the most sensible option to lose weight. Another truth is that diet and exercise work for almost every person. The important difference is that people with prolonged and severe obesity can't keep the weight off, it always comes back and brings friends. If you took a poll of all the people on this site that have had wls surgery you would find that they all have at one time or another had great success on various diets. The problem is that over the years of dieting and re-gaining weight, their bodies have become resistant to weight loss (yo-yo diet syndrome) and they have developed significant weight-related health issues. For many, it is not about getting in those skinny jeans anymore it is about living long enough to see their kids graduate or possibly to even be able to have children at all.

It is a road that is not for everyone and should only be taken on with the advice of medical professionals. There is a very long and involved screening process for the surgery to help weed out those who are looking for a quick fix or using it for vanity. Only those who can prove a medical neccessity can even be considered for surgery through the NHS, so nobody need fear that this is a new trend of get slim quick. If people only understood how hard a road it is to wls and after they would not be so quick to say it is not hard work or as good as the 'normal' way.

I'm sorry but I could not resist posting on that thread after I read it. Here is what I posted:
I know neither me Nic.....some people have a dam cheek! lol I'm calm now.

Tried to rep you for that post PG but for the second time today Im told I need to spread the love before being allowed to rep you again

Aww, thanks Red!:p:p:p

That is a lovely compliment coming from you! You tell it like it is which I respect so thanks:eek::eek::eek:.

Back