• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bmi after pre op diet????

joujou

:happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036: well my weightloss whirlwind has begun!......

just had a phonecall from a lovely lady from the THG who has confirmed my appointment for a consultation next weekend! yay! being an impatient kinda gal, i asked how quickly i may get an appointment for surgery in may, she said she can take a deposit for a slot on 01.05.13

so the old BMI is 35 and my question is what if i lose weight on the pre-op diet that takes it down to 30? will they still do the proceedure? is this high enough for a gastric band?

Hi
I had my band with THG and my BMI at the consultation was around 34 and I was told I didn't need to do the pre-op diet as my liver would already be small enough. I just cut down the calories for the 2 weeks before the op. Hope all goes well for you.

A BMI drop from 35 to 30 represents about 2stone. Unlikely you will lose 2 stone on a short pre-op diet.

My BMI before the surgery was 31. I didn't need to do the pre-op diet, but I found myself loosing weight anyway (possibly through being nervous). I was wondering whether if I drop the weight to BMI of 30, whether they will still go ahead. Luckily I didn't drop to 30 so I don't know if they would, but the earliest they could find out would be on the day of the surgery. I can't imagine them cancelling the surgery at the last minute, unless there is some serious health reason.

Hi, I also had surgery 2 days ago and my BMI on the day of surgery was 29.2 but they still went ahead... Maybe cos I had paid.. Don't think ethics come into it to much..!
I know I needed the band and was making the right choice as I have been loads bigger and smaller.. But they didn't seem to need me to prove that..
Did u have your band? If so how u getting on?

Back