• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BMI & Price

Starstruck2011

Hi,

I'm new to the site snd I have considering a gastric band for some time. I have a BMI of 52
I contacted healthier weight and they quoted me £6000 I was wondering if my BMI was under 50 would the price be lower? Also are THG price packages the same regardless of BMI or would it also increase the price of the package.

Many Thanks

Hiya... Mine was 6k with healthier weight and my BMI is 32 so don't think it matters....

Had mine done yesterday so recovering at the moment.. HW have been great pre and post op.

Any questions just shout ?

Xxx

Thank you I'm trying to decide between healthier weight and hospital group. I think both ops are carried out in Birmingham but I need to consider logistics for fills etc. it's definitely a lot to take in

I've never heard of a different price for different BMI

I hadnt until a few months back.. One of our members nyc79 got her bmi down to save a £1000. Think that was based on higher BMI was dealt with at a more expensive hospital.

Yes it is based on risk. If your bmi is over 50 you are more likely to need high dependecy unit after the op.
With your bmi however i would not choose band. But it is only my personal opinion.

Hi I considered the band before choosing sleeve - I was told it was extra for BMI 50+ due to the op potentially being more complicated and I was told most providers charge extra. Like Weegie said, check out nyc79 and her diary xx

Back