• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Body temprature

Tazz76

I'm three weeks post op today, and all is going really well. Except for the fact I'm always cold. I can never keep my hands and feet warm. Does anyone else have this problem post op?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Same here 13 months out and always cold these days

Same here. I'm only 18 days post op but apart from the day when I burnt my arms and legs in the sun, I'm always cold!,

I'm 5 months post op and felt very cold in the early days. I would shiver in bed with two winter duvets on but for me feeling cold these days is less and less.

Thanks for the guys, I was one of the warmest people and hardly ever felt the cold it's so weird. I went to the coast yesterday, it was a gorgeous day but I didn't think it was warm as there was a really cool breeze coming from the sea, on several occasions I considered putting on my jumper. Got home and found it I had burnt... not good

Well yeah... I mean, it's not the same reply for everyone, but those who have lost a lot of weight... you've also lost a lot of insulation! Thin people tend to be colder than fat ones, fact of life and science! ;)

Haha no your not. I get the fact that we may have lost body fat and that's the reason why we feel the cold. But my issue started just after surgery when I wasn't as light as what i am now. I was freezing in hospital even with a jumper on, my hands nose and feet are permanently cold !

Hi I can't bear being so cold. On a night I shiver! Have started having hot showers before bed to warm me up x

Back