• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is anyone else freezing all the time??

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi all, i just wondered if anyone else was finding that they are constantly cold post op? i was laways the one sweating my arse off whilst everyone else shivered and now i just can't get warm at all.

i am driving my hubbie mad he says the house is like a sauna and not to mention my sexy bed socks!! (both pairs of them)

even people at work are getting stressed with me blasting the heating on and closing windows!!!!

is this normal post op? or is it just i'm not so well insulated now???

thanks huns x:smiley1842:

Yep I now live in club tropicanna, kids have to walk around in short and tshirts :D, it does seem to be getting a bit better though it depends on how much weight Im losing!

:gen125::gen125::gen125::gen125::gen125::gen125::gen125::gen125: ME TOO!!!!
It is not that you have lost weight. I have been my current weight before and I have never in my life been cold like I have been in the last month. I have been in England for over 2 years, this my 3rd winter. I have turned my bedroom heat on every day since my surgery - I think it had only been on maybe 5 times in the past 2 years prior to surgery!!!

I have been the type of girl who sleeps with the window open & a fan on during the winter. That is no more!! I think it might have to do with hormones & metabolism maybe??

I am a bander and I feel cold most days...yesterday I sat in 2 jumpers and a fleece with the heating on.....:23:

I've read stuff about that, and it seems to be very common. However, i don't seem to be suffering with the cold. This is my second winter here, and while my feet are usually cold due to poor circulation, i don't really feel cold. Going by that article posted above, maybe it means i'm not losing as much weight as i could be. But either way, i'm not complaining.

ive froze for nearly 4 years now, i wear lotts of layers of clothing and have heating on all the time !!
you could grow bananas in my house my hubby says haha.

liz xx

:8855:its baltic, even my garden nombs have thermal Y fronts lol

Oh yes!! For the past 10 years I have ALWAYS sat in front of a fan, even at night (with no bed clothes) & in the middle of Winter. Hve a wardrobe full of vest tops as even t-shirts were too much!! Now ... I wear at least 3 layers & am having to buy jumpers, hoodies, cardis, fleeces, etc!!

Thanx for the link phatgirl!

It's a sign it's working gfs! Your unwanted 'insulation' is melting away. I too was never cold but when I lost shed loads on LL, I was always freezing my thruppeny bits off!

It's a good excuse to indulge in some of the fab fashion knits and woolly pullies that are in the shops this year!

:eek: brrr its extra cold this morning everything is covered in frost :eek:

brb gonna dig out my thermal knickers lol
:D

Hi hun

Yeah I'm always flaming cold at the mo, even on holiday! xxx

gald to see it's not just me then!!! thanks for the link phatgirl. off too have a tropical bath, and put my layers on LOL x::23::23::23::23::23::23::23::23:

Me to - I was so cold on Monday i thought i was going into cryogenic suspension, couldn't feel my fingers or toes all day :8855:

I have a throw for when I sit on the sofa as I put my heating off at 9pm so its not too warm when I go to bed, I am freezing as my cats are alseep on the throw and I dont want to disturb them....my little hands are almost too cold to type lol..xx

Back