• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feel cold all the time

Loll

I'm 11 days post op (bypass) and since the operation I feel cold all the time. Yesterday went out everyone had their hoods down on their car and t-shirts on. There was me car hood up and heating on wearing a thick wooly cardigan. Thought it might be the wolferin injections. Usually always warm-never wear a coat and the temp in my office is around 16-19 which I find comfortable (everyone else says it's too cold).

I'm 11 days post op (bypass) and since the operation I feel cold all the time. Yesterday went out everyone had their hoods down on their car and t-shirts on. There was me car hood up and heating on wearing a thick wooly cardigan. Thought it might be the wolferin injections. Usually always warm-never wear a coat and the temp in my office is around 16-19 which I find comfortable (everyone else says it's too cold).

Loll - Dont worry i'm feeling the cold too, i think it may have something to do with the fact you have very little food inside you, though i expect someone more knoweldagble will be along who can tell us soon. ;)

When I did LighterLife I was FREEZING all the time. I literally had the heating on and an electric blanket and that was just to sit on the sofa. In bed I had to have hot water bottles - note bottleS. I wonder if you are in ketosis like Abz suggests.

hi im a bander and since my op im always very cold at night i sit with my pj's and 2 fleece dressing gowns on by the hot radiator, my hubby reakons we could grow banannas in here lol

When I did LighterLife I was FREEZING all the time. I literally had the heating on and an electric blanket and that was just to sit on the sofa. In bed I had to have hot water bottles - note bottleS. I wonder if you are in ketosis like Abz suggests.

Hi Perissa - I did Atkins for about 7 months and spent most of that tme in ketosis, but never felt the cold like i'm feeling it now, i'm normally in shorts all year round and used to never feel the cold, now i'm wrapped up in coats jumpers and have an extra quilt on my bed at nights :D
Next time i speak to my nurse i'll ask her why i'm feeling the cold and see what the answer is.

could it just be the reduced calories. i was fine when i did atkins as well but when i did lipotrim and was on 400 calories i was constantly freezing. was in ketosis with both of them but felt compleatly different.

could it just be the reduced calories. i was fine when i did atkins as well but when i did lipotrim and was on 400 calories i was constantly freezing. was in ketosis with both of them but felt compleatly different.

I think you could be right, food equals energy, so not having anything inside you may lead to feeling cold, although i dont like feeling cold, i also dont mind it as before the op i was always hot, the summer for me was horrendous so it makes a change to feel cool :cool:

Hi I've been cold all the time too since my op. my hubbie getting really hacked off with my cold feet in bed. even gonna get some sexy bed socks. I was usually the one sweating buckets before but now am the opposite!!!! x

Back