• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BOSPA patient support group -Leeds

didi

Just back from the Leeds BOSPA patient support group held at the Nuffield Hospital in Leeds 7-9 pm last Thursday of every month. Anyone who has had or is thinking of surgery (Private or NHS) is made very welcome.

Can highly recommend it to anyone who can get there.

Lyn

im under calderdale hospital and they have had no support group for months and keep saying they are trying to sort it , this is something i really think is important im going to look into going to different groups in other areas just not sure if this would count as going to a support group as its not the one from my own hospital? im going to ring after the weekend to find out, glad you enjoyed the meeting:)

There were people there tonight from Bradford and Wakefield and I'm sure if you can't find anything nearer you would be very welcome if you decided to come along.

that's a shame, didn't look into this at Leeds, i doubt i'll make next month as it'll be around my surgery date, but maybe the next month

Hope so it would be nice to actually meet someone face to face so to speak. Won't be long now - lucky you, I'm still waiting in the wings for a date.

Marky - 2nd monday in the month so that will be the 10th August this month for the meeting at the Spire

Hi Elffie

What time is the Spire group meeting - is it only for their patients or can any one go along? I'm keen to get as many viewpoints as possible before the op.

Lyn

Marky - 2nd monday in the month so that will be the 10th August this month for the meeting at the Spire

if you know the time let me know pls!!

and to didi >> i'm sure all are welcome!

sorry no idea of times for the evening but heres the number about it from the Spire website.
0113 218 5967/77

I just know its every 2nd monday as I knew I wouldnt be able to go lol

sorry no idea of times for the evening but heres the number about it from the Spire website.
0113 218 5967/77

I just know its every 2nd monday as I knew I wouldnt be able to go lol

i shall give em a tinkle and find out early part of next week

HI Mark

Dabbled on the Spire web site which just says they hold one.

Another site I found wls - Welcome to the website of WLSinfogives the info that it's the second Monday each Month from 7-9 in the evening.

Hope this is still valid or I'll be wandering round LS8 trying to find Spire for nothing. Not been to Spire before, I live in Pudsey, work in Eccleshill, what route would you recommend as easiest to get there?
Could always do a trial run one weekend.

Lyn

Lyn its definately valid for that 2nd mon in month as Mr Pollard told me yesterday.

best way into hospitl is via helicopter Im thinking lmao, i didnt drive yest and i wont be driving to any of my appointments lol

HI Mark

Dabbled on the Spire web site which just says they hold one.

Another site I found wls - Welcome to the website of WLSinfogives the info that it's the second Monday each Month from 7-9 in the evening.

Hope this is still valid or I'll be wandering round LS8 trying to find Spire for nothing. Not been to Spire before, I live in Pudsey, work in Eccleshill, what route would you recommend as easiest to get there?
Could always do a trial run one weekend.

Lyn

best way is to come round the ring road and come off at moortown, the 2nd roundabout after Sainsburys at Moor Allerton, 3rd exit toward Moortown Corner, at the next r/bout 2nd exit towards Moortown Corner, thro 1st set of lights, then thro 2nd set of lights, turn left after Premier cars into Lidgett Lane, follow road down over bumps past school on left, keep going up the road till you see the hospital sign for ''Roundhay Hall'' (...they haven't changed the name on the sign yet!!) turn left into Gledhow Avenue, and follow the road round to the right, it now becomes Jackson Avenue, Hospital entrance is on the left :character00182:

Thanks for that - I'll do a trial run this weekend if I can find the time.

Sorry for delay in replying been away. This was 7 til 9 ish on Thursday evenings (last Thursday of the month) but can be a bit erratic during the summer months so I would ring to make sure it's still running first perhaps. I've not had a chance to go for quite a few months due to working late. I rang the main Nuffield hospital number and someone finally rang me back with a response.

Hope this helps

Back