• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Walsall Massive Support Group??????

topsy

I was speaking to Marion the other day and both of us were saying how rubbish the post-op support is from Walsall Manor.

So this is just a thought - how would those people (who have had bypass surgery or waiting to have it) would like to start up our very own support group? Initially we could meet up at my house (maybe then alternate meetings at other's houses if you are willing). We could discuss nutrition, exercise, lifestyle changes, hints and tips before or after surgery etc.

If you live between Birmingham - Stafford and all the places inbetween then we could get together say second or third week in January and try and meet up every month (to start off with). I know we have this forum which is a godsend to most - but i think we would be a good force by meeting on a regular basis to help and support each other through this life changing op.

Let me know what you all think - sending hugs with fairy dust xx

I think this is a great idea Topsy. Maybe an initial meeting in Jan to decide what people want from their support meetings?

Great idea - and something that we could gain so much from. It can be such a struggle and, when things worry you, it would be nice to know that you are not alone. We could certainly use our houses or maybe a central venue such as a pub. Hugs all round, Mxx

Well if we get some more takers - then i will certainly get this group set up and we can start a new year helping each other through the weight loss surgery journey xx

I'm interested. I do belong on a facebook gastric bypass group and they have just started monthly meets, but not always a suitable time or day... I'll certainly keep my eye on this thread xx

For those who would be interested in meeting up on the 3rd week of Jan send me a private message with your mobile number and i will send you on the details. Also what night/time would be good for you and i will go with the most popular.

Looking forward to giving each other amazing support in the New Year xx

Back