• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BOSPA Support groups Advice???

This far post op my calorie intake is around 1000. Vitamin wise a good multivit and mineral like sanatogen gold should be all you need. Bypassers take more than that, and stronger, but that is because of the malabsorption more than anything else.

This far post op my calorie intake is around 1000. Vitamin wise a good multivit and mineral like sanatogen gold should be all you need. Bypassers take more than that, and stronger, but that is because of the malabsorption more than anything else.

Thanks so much for your help, I would thank you on ur post but I dont know how to :)

how many calories were you on after about 6 months following op?

The thanks button isn't visible until you've made 50 posts ;)

6months post op should be 800-1000 cals per day approx. It's hard to tell as most of us don't count calories, we can physically eat that little that as long as you are eating the right foods it's impossible to eat too much.

Hi Nee,
I wouldn't recommend going on an ultralow calorie diet without surgery, your metabolism will get screwed up. There is no way that you could stick to it forever - which is what it would take. You should be able to eat approx 1500 calories a day and still lose weight hun. That is alot more stickable to.

If you exercise a little more and eat a little less, you will lose weight, crash diets do not work because they are unsustainable! Good luck though hun, hope you do manage to lose the weight.

x

Hi Nee,
I wouldn't recommend going on an ultralow calorie diet without surgery, your metabolism will get screwed up. There is no way that you could stick to it forever - which is what it would take. You should be able to eat approx 1500 calories a day and still lose weight hun. That is alot more stickable to.

If you exercise a little more and eat a little less, you will lose weight, crash diets do not work because they are unsustainable! Good luck though hun, hope you do manage to lose the weight.

x

Thanks for your advice:) , Im only doing this based on my doc's advise, hense why Im doing it as tried everything, He couldnt refer me for surgery but suggested I follow the diet as if had surgery.

The thanks button isn't visible until you've made 50 posts ;)

6months post op should be 800-1000 cals per day approx. It's hard to tell as most of us don't count calories, we can physically eat that little that as long as you are eating the right foods it's impossible to eat too much.

Ah ha, makes sense, well a big THANKS for all your help u have been amazing xxx

Hi go on line and put in epworth score , print it off and take it to gp , just tell him to send you for a sleep study , its your life ,your health , good luck hun , i have had s/a and been on cpap for 10 years , feel so much better on cpap , good luck hun

Back