• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Support groups

Mandie

Hi all :wave_cry:
I have read a few posts about support meetings and wondered is there any members who attend Heartlands meetings or arrange their own , as although Walsall Manor would have been closer and their group sounds like a lot of fun , unfortunatley i was sent to B'ham .
Please help i'm in need of support and fun !;)

I'm sure if you cant find anything you would be more than welcome at manor's meetings sure one of the guy's will be along to let you know if they know of any for you.

I hope you get some answers soon. I'm hoping to get to the manor's meeting soon

Ali
xx

does it matter which support group you attend ? as i would like to attend Manor if that would be ok i thought you had to go the hospital you were referred to.

I'm sure you would be very welcome at the Walsall meet
where are you located?
Just pop on to the Walsall thread and ask the girls if they would mind you turning up I think you will be pleasantly surprised

i'm in Darlaston near Bilston , but there doesn't seem to be many who were referred to Heartlands , although they're from the same area, thanks for your reply .

thanks that makes sense, i might contact the Walsall group and go to their's

Hi Mandie, come and join us in Walsall support group, you will be welcome Im sure

hiya im waiting to see mr kumar about having the bypass at the heartlands i have to travel from shrewsbury to the weight managment sessions each month but would love to meet up with other paitents waiting for bypass at the heartlands....
drop me a line
xxxx

Hi Sue & welcome
i'v not found many on the site that have been to Heartlands , i had a band 2wks ago, it woud be nice to keep in touch to see how you progress, Heartlands was very good all the staff were great and knew their stuff , i never attended a suppourt group prior to the op i wish i had though so many questions and doubts creep in .

Hi all :wave_cry:
I have read a few posts about support meetings and wondered is there any members who attend Heartlands meetings or arrange their own , as although Walsall Manor would have been closer and their group sounds like a lot of fun , unfortunatley i was sent to B'ham .
Please help i'm in need of support and fun !;)

Hi Mandie,

I'm having my band fitted on the 1st March at Heartlands hospital.

There is a group support meeting there this Wednesday evening at 6.30pm in the room next to the chemist which is on the 1st floor just by the lifts/stairs & esculators.

It is run by a few ladies who have had ops all over the midlands, they also run one in Solihull at the private hospital every 1st Saturday of the month.

Hope this helps. x

Back