• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SUPPORT GROUPS !!

BlueDiamond

HELLO THERE

I HAVE BEEN REFERRED FOR GASTRIC BANDING AND I WAS TOLD THAT IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR ME TO GO TO A SUPPORT GROUP MEETING FOR PPL WHO ARE & HAVE HAD WLS IN MY AREA BY MY SURGEON (DR/MR KHOO)

IF ANYONE CAN THROUGH ANY LIGHT ON THE SITUATION OR KNOW OF ANY INFORMATION THAT WOULD BE FAB.

ALL THE BEST - JULIE X:p

isnt there anyone in the essex area running support groups ? there must be a group there ? :)

I looked at BOSPA support groups but most of the info is literally years out of date giving the next meeting dates for 2006 in some cases:cry: am searching for a WLS support group in hertfordshire...will keep looking:cool:

Last edited:
anyone know of a group in the guildford surrey area please thanks

SURREY

Location: Hugo's Bar, The Holiday Inn Hotel, Victoria, Way, Surrey, GU21 8EW

Meeting day: Saturday Time: 2.30pm onwards

Frequency: Monthly - First or second Saturday

thanks liz your a star will give a visit an come back with any info for others in my area.thanks again luv:553:

thanks liz your a star will give a visit an come back with any info for others in my area.thanks again luv:553:

:) no probs happy to help, hope its not to far away for you x

I looked at BOSPA support groups but most of the info is literally years out of date giving the next meeting dates for 2006 in some cases:cry: am searching for a WLS support group in hertfordshire...will keep looking:cool:

hi wanda i cant find one for your area either, just an idea you could start one off, see how many people need this service where you live, im sure other patients thats been done by your surgeon would love to go.

liz x

Hi Julie,
I am from Essex, Grays so not to far from yourself.
I have been refered also to have wls, I did not have a choice in any hospitals near me only kent and London, one of them was the Whittington which seems to be a very good choice so I chose that one in my choose and book.
I have to go to a group meeting where you are informed of everything before you see the consultant.
I am going in June; if you wld like to come along with me and my husband you are welcome, perhaps e-mail me and we can chat first? let me know what you think?
Hugs x

Hello diana

thank you so very much for this info, have sent u a private pm (hope i did it right)

thanks once again - julie x
hi julie,
i am from essex, grays so not to far from yourself.
I have been refered also to have wls, i did not have a choice in any hospitals near me only kent and london, one of them was the whittington which seems to be a very good choice so i chose that one in my choose and book.
I have to go to a group meeting where you are informed of everything before you see the consultant.
I am going in june; if you wld like to come along with me and my husband you are welcome, perhaps e-mail me and we can chat first? Let me know what you think?
Hugs x

the group meetings are great, very informitive, ive done 1 so far with my surgeon they are really good and a great place to meet other new patients in your area.

liz x

Back