• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

british obesity surgery centre

Hi all,
Anyone had a gastric band fitted with the Daddy of WLS treatment British Obesity Surgery Centre?

I am at last ready to make a final decison re Gastric Band,I think these offer a really good post op package.

Can anyone support my decison or more importantly tell me a reason why not to go with them?

Sorry to be such a whimp. so much money for a absolute necessity. x:confused:

Hi all,
Anyone had a gastric band fitted with the Daddy of WLS treatment British Obesity Surgery Centre?

I am at last ready to make a final decison re Gastric Band,I think these offer a really good post op package.

Can anyone support my decison or more importantly tell me a reason why not to go with them?

Sorry to be such a whimp. so much money for a absolute necessity. x:confused:

Hi - I had a quick look at there site and they seem ok, though at 5.5k for a band it seems fairly cheap in the UK, most reputable places like WSG or healthier weight charge around 7.5k and offer a 2 year fills after care package, plus dietry advice and support for life.

This is what i did and just my opinion - i researched the organisation, the consultant and the surgeon that they used in a number of establishments and finally opted for healthier weight, cost was a consideration, but so was my life and what was left after surgery if they did a bodge job.

I'd suggest making a booking for a consultation and listen to what they say and the advice they give and see what you think, of course you will get the obligatory sales pitch, but once you actually get to the cosultant you should be through this stage, it may cost you, but its better to lose a bit now, than make a desicion and regret it at a later date.

Sorry but I dont think I have come across them and I dont remember anyone else mentioning them. Im sure someone will be along soon to advise!

Thanks to you all. Good to have such fantastic support. I was first given the British Obesity Surgical centre link by a MINI MIMS supporter. I have done loads of research, but you're right Silversurfer you have to meet with the surgeon to know if its the right course to take.

Back