• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Budge up on the losers bench!

RaeB

:D budge up you lot, loser coming through! I did it, band done today and home in bed already.

All went well, I was second on the list and went down at 10.30. It was ok, until I got up at about 3.00 and ended being dizzy and faint whilst changing out of the gown. They had been concerned about my breathing prior to this, they said I kept stopping! So I ended up back in bed on oxygen for a couple hours. This did the trick, had some water, broth and coffee and discharged by 6.30.

On painkillers, had to have a kiddies blackcurrant thing out of a syringe as morphine makes me sick. Some shoulder pain, more soreness around the port site than anything. No fill during the op, they just don't do it at St Richards.

And that lovely flat stomach achieved during the milk diet?......gone, lots of lovely gas instead.

The team at St Richards are amazing, if you are due to go there then don't worry about the standard of care you'll receive, it's great.

Night all! Rachel.x

Yaaayyyy well done Rae and welcome to the losers bench :). Now rest up and heal hun and welcome to the start of the new you xxx

Well it's all rather sore today. Laying in bed is the most comfortable place, so that's where I am! Have been up and about walking as well, sitting just gives me the shoulder pain.

It's hard work getting fluids in, but must persevere. I thought I might be up and about, but I'm going to take it easy until I feel better.

Glad it went well and you could be discharged the same day. Resting is probably the best idea. Hope you feel better soon. Good luck with your weight loss journey from now on.

Welcome to this side. Keep moving to try to reduce the wind pain ... But don't overdo things :)

Back