• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

budge up on the losers bench - im out and ready to go

christine77

firstly thanks you all for you best wishes both before and after the op i was amazed when i came around to find i had 22 texts on my phones.

everything went very well and very smoothly , four hours after being returned from theatre i was walking, showered and in my jim jams and waiting for my visitors. i have had no pain at all from the op, a little trapped wind and have had no pain killers at all.

mr schroder says op went so well and recovery very well because i has lost so much weight before the op. back at home today after having my weetabix this morning and have managed some pureed soup and a couple of milky coffees. i already know it is the best decision i have ever made.

they also repaired my hernia that i didnt know i had while i was under and my god what a difference it has made , i always thought it was a lumpy roll of fat which has no gone. so thats good to

still tired so inbetween cat napping im sipping as much water as i can manage .

the only thing they didnt tell me and i forgot to ask was how long do i have to keep my dressings on for ?

already 3lbs down since op so heres to a brighter healthier and fitter future :)

Oh Chris brilliant to hear that you are doing well and have lost weight already. You have done really well..rest and recover chuck...thinking of you xxxx

Hi it's great you are doing so well x how come they are allowing you to eat already? I am on liquids for 2 weeks.

I dont have any dressings as they glued me back together lol

Fantastic to hear from you Chris and you have done absolutely amazing!

The dressings - keep them on until you're well healed and the wounds are nice and dry. It's mainly to protect them from rubbing against your clothes. You'll probably need to change them after showering/bathing. I had to get more on prescription.

Big hugs and don't slip off the Losers' bench, I've been polishing your spot for a long time now, so it might be quite slippery!

Grace xxx

Very well done Chris and look forward to following your bypass progress!

Rest and relax precious... wishing you the very best of everything.

Love and hugs xxx

Well done Chris, glad you had no problems. Are you going to put a ticker on?

Lynne xx

welcome back !!! rest up and look forward to a new chapter of your life x

Hope you are feeling better by the day Chris, rest and relax Angel.

Love and hugs xxx

thanks everyone had the best night sleep ever last night . being back in my own bed was fab

little sore today as the bruising is coming out around a couple of my site wound but gonna try a little walk today not far but enough to enjoy the sunshine

That sounds lovely. Enjoy the sun but dont push yourself too far. Be nice to yourself.
Lynne x

A lovely day for your recovery today Chris, enjoy yourself and rest, relax and recover.

Love and hugs xxx

Hi Chris,

great to see you are out and on road to recovery

Denise

Chris, I was black, blue, yellow and purple post-op, especially on my left side. Don't over-do it pet.
Grace xxx

Do hope you are feeling better today Chris, love and hugs always Angel xxx

thanks ladies am feeling fine had another nights fab sleep and even managed a poo this morning sorry if its too much info but its the first time in 10 days.

had a nice walk yesterday in the sunshine but feel tired today so i may have over done it a little.

managing great with the purees and trying to drink as much as possible but its so hard isnt it to keep drinking but i know how important it is to sip.

am feeling on top of the world still but i know i am going to have good and bad days. got some friends coming over to visit later today so that will be nice.

have a good day everyone xxxxxx

Well done Chris, all the very best. Love and hugs xxx

Chris, I was black, blue, yellow and purple post-op, especially on my left side. Don't over-do it pet.
Grace xxx

ive got bruising next to a couple of my port holes but have a huge bruise under the right hand side of my dropping tummy someone has suggested it might have been where i was strapped to the table - never thought of that before .

Back