• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass post op diet help needed pls

clare-revised

Eyes on the prize
Hi ladies & gents.....
As u are aware I've had surgery revision & whilst thinking I was going to have corrective sleeve, due to one thing & another I have a bypass....so I need a little help with post op diets. The one I have is really unclear I want to get this so right????
Could u either post or pm your bypass post op diets please xxxxx

Hi ladies & gents..... As u are aware I've had surgery revision & whilst thinking I was going to have corrective sleeve, due to one thing & another I have a bypass....so I need a little help with post op diets. The one I have is really unclear I want to get this so right???? Could u either post or pm your bypass post op diets please xxxxx
I was straight on purées after 48hrs what have they advised you?

I was straight on purées after 48hrs what have they advised you?

2days clear liquids - I actually don't mind consonants but this is so vile it's makin me heave but manage +5 tablespoons & a litre water across afternoon.

Day2-6 8am milk with buttered toast
10am Orange juice - watered down
Noon veg soup
4pm warm skimmed milk drink
8pm veg soup
9pm sugar free yogurt or stewed fruit sugar free

Drink 1/2 before & after meals

Wow everywhere is so different we were advised to leave toast for a couple of month and after our 4 weeks of purée to slow start adding soft foods eg eggs casseroles tinned fruit without puréeing them.

It's clear that people get different advice across the country perhaps it would be better to talk to your hospitals dietician to avoid us telling you the wrong thing.

I had a week of liquid then three weeks of puréed food.

So no toast at all.

Back