• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lactose intolerent / post op diets

I have never heard of this and many on this forum drink milk etc.. I have heard that you can become lactose intolerant in the first few months after surgery but it doesnt last forever.

I was just about to say the same thing as mandym1, I have 2pints of milk most days to get my protein in, does ur mum have an issue with milk and things now xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I was one of the unfortunate ones and became lactose intolerant post op, I drink lactofree milk which is lower than standard milk for sugar. However some of their other products do contain sugar.

Becoming lactose intolerant post op is not a given though and as my tummy heals and improves so hopefully will my tolerance to lactose.

Julie

I was one of the unfortunate ones and became lactose intolerant post op, I drink lactofree milk which is lower than standard milk for sugar. However some of their other products do contain sugar.

Becoming lactose intolerant post op is not a given though and as my tummy heals and improves so hopefully will my tolerance to lactose.

Julie

I was lactose intolerant for a few weeks post op but i have to say for the 13 months since my op i have been using regular dairy products for the last 11 months with no problem.

Jrichard, if you have a couple of days when you can stay close to the toilet be sure to test your tolerance as mine went within about 6 weeks or so....

Back