• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help needed pls with sloppy food stage

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all was just wondering if some of you could post ur menus when u were on the sloppy food stage.
I have a couple of questions, any advice and input would be truly appreciated.

1. How much were u eating per meal at about 2/3 weeks post op
2. How often were you eating.
3. What were you eating.
4.What soft foods could you not tolerate and why.
5. Although i feel full and no hunger at all now am worried that i might be able to eat more than a few spoonfuls of sloppy foods, when will restriction kick in.

Sorry for all the questions :D but u lot are def the ones to put me on the right track , thanks and take care luv Roch xxxxx

Last edited:
1. How much were u eating per meal at about 2/3 weeks post op About an egg cup full
2. How often were you eating. 4 times a day
3. What were you eating. Mashed potato, cottage cheese blended with prawns, tuna and cottage cheese, scrambled egg
4.What soft foods could you not tolerate and why. Had no problems at all at this stage

1. How much were u eating per meal at about 2/3 weeks post op About an egg cup full
2. How often were you eating. 4 times a day
3. What were you eating. Mashed potato, cottage cheese blended with prawns, tuna and cottage cheese, scrambled egg
4.What soft foods could you not tolerate and why. Had no problems at all at this stage

Thanks MM ur doing so well i just hope i am as successful as you, i forgot to to ask also when do u start to feel restriction, i feel full up all the time and no hunger but am worried that i will be able to eat more sloppy foods than an egg cup full xx

At first, the feelings I got weren't a full feeling or anything, they were, and still are to an extent, more of a heartburn feeling. I didn't want to eat either in the first 4 weeks. The important things are fluids and vitamins. Even now, over 8 months later, I occasionally eat a little too much and start hurting. It takes some time to get used to it, don't worry.

At first, the feelings I got weren't a full feeling or anything, they were, and still are to an extent, more of a heartburn feeling. I didn't want to eat either in the first 4 weeks. The important things are fluids and vitamins. Even now, over 8 months later, I occasionally eat a little too much and start hurting. It takes some time to get used to it, don't worry.

Thanks MM xx

1. How much were u eating per meal at about 2/3 weeks post op - About half a yogurt pot in size
2. How often were you eating. - 3 times a day, with juice or milk in between
3. What were you eating. - Soups with either blended chicken/tuna or melted cheese in them, Semolina, Ready Break, Warm Weetabix, Porridge, Bio Yogurts.
4.What soft foods could you not tolerate and why. - Jelly, because I hate Jelly
5. Although i feel full and no hunger at all now am worried that i might be able to eat more than a few spoonfuls of sloppy foods, when will restriction kick in. - As soon as I feel full or uncomfortable, I stop, no matter how much food is left, you will find that you can manage more of one food than another, its all hit and miss. but never force yourself to eat if you feel you have had enough. ;)

1. How much were u eating per meal at about 2/3 weeks post op
About 1 ounce, basically about 1 dessertspoon
2. How often were you eating.
Four times, sometimes couldn't manage that many.
3. What were you eating.
Aunt Bessie mash carrot and swede with a bit of hot water to thin it and a tiny blob of Philly cheese. Laughing cow cheese triangles, I kind of sucked these out of the wrapping slowly! Veggie soup blitzed in a mini blender and then watered down, home made applesauce, mini shepherds pie with minced lamb cooked and then into the mini blender until smooth, top with pureed cauli, and served with lots of gravy.
4.What soft foods could you not tolerate and why.
I was too scared to try anything anyone else had said gave them probs!
5. Although i feel full and no hunger at all now am worried that i might be able to eat more than a few spoonfuls of sloppy foods, when will restriction kick in.
You will notice it when you move on to more solid foods. Soft pureed food doesn't stay in the pouch for long, but if you do try to put more in, you will soon notice how uncorfortable it feels! For me it was just a question of asking myself do I want any more and if I stopped to think about it, I usually found I had had enough. It is hard to judge at this stage.

How much does your dietician advise you to have?
HTH

Sorry I can't help with your question Roch (pre-op as you know) but just wanted to say thanks to those that gave answers. They were really useful for me too as I'm trying to be organised and plan for the coming months.

Ta all x

Back