• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass to band

skandalite

band after bypass

hi im new here.
had my bypass 6 years ago initially lost 12 stone and never ever regretted it, regained 5 now my surgeon agreeing to do band over bypass. has anyone had it done? if so how did it affect you? success or not?
Thank you

This sounds like the Fobi Ring. I initial asked my surgeon for one as it seemed a no brainer.

After some issues with my gastric band and internal swelling, and being completely undecided whether to have one or not (even today), I eventually decided to not have one on my surgeons advice.

I think I agree most of the time that for me, my eating habits and waking up to health issues that I'm not top of the list of candidates to regain significantly and that this is probably the right decision.

The door is open to be re-operated to reduce pouch size and Fobi ring in the future, sounds like what you are getting. If you've regained 5 stone this sounds like a plan.

There are quite a few people on here that have these fitted at initial surgery. Maybe change the title of your thread to have Fobi ring and you may get some more replies.

Good luck!

Thank you for replying. It is a lap band over the bypass im having,seems its relatively new here though being done a lot in the states.

band over bypass in march

Think im a first having this. had bypass 6 years ago but now being banded over bypass. got pre-op apt feb 14 n scheduled for march 6th. I cant wait. Having had bypass I think /hope?im more prepared for everything .I lost 12 stone very fast after the bypass and intend to be very focused. good luck to everyone undergoing any bariatric surgery I know its not easy but I have never ever regretted it.

Can I ask why you're having the band?

after 6 yrs ive regained 5 stone n banding over bypass is the new thing it seems. being done a lot in usa but think im a newbie here.

Hello, bit of a useless answer here - but hopefully you will realise you are not alone. There is someone in a support group I attended who had a band after bypass. She was happy with it. She had it done privately after gaining about 2 stone.

I hope you find someone who hs had the same experience to help x

Hello and welcome!

My colleague at work has had a band over his bypass. Although his weight loss has still hit a stand still. His team believe he has simple met the weight 'he was meant to be'... Although he has admitted that he has not changed his eating habits on all this time and knows it is his own doing.

I'm not sure of the risks or the details involved. All I know is although my colleagues weight is at a stand still, he is now healthy and has no regrets! :)

Good luck! xx

seems no one has.i know its been done a lot in the usa but not so common here. I cant wait. I have never ever regretted my bypass,it has been a life saver for me but 6 yrs on my weight is creeping on and it scares me.

12 stone in 10 months .I became that thin person outa the fat one.it was scary and I was so happy. I became addicted to clothes. I never thought I would do it but I know I can.

I am like you in many ways, in that I have lost most of my weight early on. I am me down to 58kg and a size 8 from 117kg. Most of this weight came off in the first year. I am almost 2 years out now but my nightmare would be for me to start to put the weight back on. Hope you don't mind me asking, but why do you think you are in your current position of having to have a band on your bypass? Has your pouch stretched?

Back