• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass to sleeve.. is it possible?

Thanks! I had a bypass in Oct and I've had pain when eating since and when drinking although not as bad I've also started vomiting now. I've had tests done but nothing found I was wondering of this was maybe an option for me. Thanks for the reply :)

Your bypass maybe too tight. Several of my friends had to have a procedure to open up the opening into pouch. That was successful and they were able to retain food and liquids. Hope this help.

My surgeon says there is nothing wrong at all and i need to learn to live with it. I'm at my GP today I'm was tempted to ask for a 2nd opinion at a different hospital and I think you might have just persuaded me to do it! Thanks very much :) xx

It's sometimes possible. It really depends on the state of the stomach, if there's any damage then it might not be possible. Depending on other health issues the Roux limb can be extended/reduced, the pouch can be reduced or the opening expanded.

Hello! I am actually considering a revision surgery, and the doctor suggested RNY to Sleeve, due to my malabsorption and anemia problems...can you tell me how it went? Did it work? Did your problems got better? Did you lose weight again? Please let me know! Since this is a case that rarely occurs, it is so hard to find outabout the results and experience!
Thanks a lot! :)

Back