• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is it possible to transfer hospital?

mrscinders

hello im wondering if its possible to transfer over from sunderland hospital to james cook in middlesbrough or one in stockton as iv heard it is but i wouldnt have a clue how can anyone help thanks x

hi mrscinders,
i'm not sure if it is possible but, are you aware that this is a new service being delivered by darlington memorial hospital? i am scheduled to have gastric sleeve op on march 08th and i am aware that because it is a new service the waiting list is still quite short. the consultant is a mr. samier - who is a wonderful man, really down to earth and sensitive. his nurse sheryl is brilliant too.
may this could be something for you to check out.
good luck with your wl journey.
jan xx

I think you can but I think you have to start the process from the beginning again am sure your GP would be able to help you if no one on here can, Good Luck xx

thank you for your replys iv been waiting like a life time lol no i havent but feel like a long time and i know iv got a long time ahead of me now i need to think do i wait for maybe another 10 months or do i go bk to my doctors to ask to refer me to one of the hospitals nearer to me ? x

How long since you had your seminar at Sunderland? Do you no what the waiting times are at the hospital closer to you from referal? X

hiya mrcinders hun get as much info as ya can from ya doc n team as ya dont wanna make ya journey any longer i know how ya feel waiting but at least ya closer than me hun with ya next appointment good luck n let me know how things go x

The waiting times at the new north east hospitals seem to be much shorter at the moment but they'll not stay that way so now is prob the best time to get in. However, once you've met the surgeon at sunderland in may you'll prob have less than 6 months to wait so not sure it'll be worth transferring - I'd just ride it out x

hi i dont think i meet the surgeon in may i think its the nurse as thats when they tell me how much i need to lose then i think its about 6months after to see surgeon then another 6 months after to get opp so at least another yr i reckon so will of taken 2 years by the end if i go by whats happening with my sister as thats how its going for her but i have thought about it and id rather wait and stay at sunderland as they have the experience and they are the surgeons who are trainging the new surgeons up for this opp and i know id rather have my surgeon any day thats got thousands of opps behind him but yer jane the waiting is killing me also xx

hi kellie,
as i said before i attended the intro seminar in december and i am having my op in two weeks - just started liver reducing diet today.
thats less than 3 months. with it being a brand new service in darlington i believe you could have your op within 3 months also. why don't you ring and ask - what have you got to lose except weight!!

although I have been with SRH since seminar in Jan 11 and still not seen surgeon with a BMI of around 70 I wouldn't change to someone who is relatively new to this field of surgery but that's my personal opinion. Also my family have had extremely bad experiences in DMH and therefore I couldn't put them through going there.

if you want to transfer I was told you can but have to start the process again. Only you can make the decision and it has to be right for you and your family.

Yes you can change hospitals.
I did this from Luton to London, you do have to start the process again, but for me, I wasn't that far in and I had to be comfortable with who and where I was being operated on.

Let me know if you want anymore info

hi,yes it is possible i changed my hospital but a new referal does have to be made xx

Yep I got my hospital changed as well, just as your GP,s secretary to do it for you..

I went from kings with a 2 year weighting list to st Richards with a 12 week weighting list.

Paul

hi all i have had a change of heart and i went to my gp and asked to be refered to stockton on tees as thats real close to were i live and its a few months waiting time too my gp said sorry sunderland is my catchment area i live in middlesbrough i said to her i dont understand sunderland takes over 40 mins to get to and stockton takes 10 mins she said she will get her secartary to look into it and to ring up monday to find out were i stand so fingers crossed x

good luck hun hope ya get sorted keep me informed x

Will do Jane.x

well i rang doctors and was told someone would ring me back waited in most of the day until someone rang me she said i can transfer to North Tees Hospital im over the moon now i have to wait for a letter with an appointment my auntie went to her seminar in jan and has had her target set and lost it and had endo today so she is now on the waiting list they have told her probs be anytime between july -august so much quicker fingers crossed il be as quick iv started my diet proper sticking to it i can feel my chin bone already lol

That's gr8 news hun - good luck x

thank you x

just letting you guys know i was waiting for an appointment for north tees hospital and they sent me one to attend a seminar for south tees which is even closer not sure as of yet if that means i will get surgery at james cook but fingers crossed hopefully it wont take to long x

Back