• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass VS sleeve

The pre op assesment went fine. My blood pressure was rather low.. But the nurse didnt say there were any problems there what she could see. Now hopping the blood test results will be all fine.

So one more thing done.

Now waiting for the letter and information/instructions from the hospital (about addmission and so..)

And onto pre op diet tomorrow. Good luck for me!! :)
Thats great Llora glad it went well. Best wishes with your journey looks like all is going to plan for you .Your so lucky wish it was me my op may not be till Nov as not dated yet!! what pre op diet have you chose also let me know how you get on too. Best wishes hun.

If it makes you feel better Sharona, I had a similar wobble and started to look into the sleeve myself :) I'm pleased I made the choice I did. I went and spoke to my GP about it and he really helped me.
I suppose its only natural that we have these sort of worries to see that we are doing the right thing as its so final and we cant turn back once its been done. It so shows it has worked extremely well for you. Your such an inspiration .Do you do a lot of exercise Yvessa?

Hi I started out wanting a sleeve, I have been offered all three but I like you do not want a band 100% suer of that. But when I saw the surgeon he said the bypass would be better for me, I talked about the nutrition aspect he agreed but still said the bypass. This was something the dition said he would do . But I have a scare down my middle and when he saw it he said I might get the sleeve anyway so I won't know which one until I wake up

I suppose its only natural that we have these sort of worries to see that we are doing the right thing as its so final and we cant turn back once its been done. It so shows it has worked extremely well for you. Your such an inspiration .Do you do a lot of exercise Yvessa?
To be honest no. I do a lot more now than I did but I relied almost entirely on food control.

Yvessa how long ago did you have your op, you properly have said, and how much have you lost. You are looking good and must feel great (sorry name spell check lol)

Last edited:
That is fantastic , hope you don't mind but do you have a lot of extra skin and if so are or have you had it removed :) :)

Thats great Llora glad it went well. Best wishes with your journey looks like all is going to plan for you .Your so lucky wish it was me my op may not be till Nov as not dated yet!! what pre op diet have you chose also let me know how you get on too. Best wishes hun.

I know waiting is hard!!! But your time will come!

I am trying not to get too excited! Because there is still i chance it might not happen! Probobly i will only believe its true when i wake up all done in september! Because now i still worry that knowing my luck.. Something will happen and the surgery will be canceled.

I am planning to do the food option. I am very thankful i can choose from 5 options and that one of them is food. I dont like milk.. I am fussy about yoghurts.. I have never found a weight watchers soup that i would like.. Slimfast bottles have way too much sugar (i am diabetic) and i cant wrap my head around all the 'plastic' chemicals and flavourings it must have.. So i am left with food option (i would pick it anyway even without the reasons above). And my diabetic nurse advised me to do the food one aswell. :)

Off i go to put myself on the scales that i would know exactly how much i will loose on the diet! ;) (i know its not about loosing weight its about shrinking the liver. I am just curious) :)

That is fantastic , hope you don't mind but do you have a lot of extra skin and if so are or have you had it removed :) :)
I don't have loads given how much I've lost. I have a dodgy stomach - tiny little apron but my midriff is ugly. I'm waiting for my weight to settle and will then start chasing plastics.

I know waiting is hard!!! But your time will come! I am trying not to get too excited! Because there is still i chance it might not happen! Probobly i will only believe its true when i wake up all done in september! Because now i still worry that knowing my luck.. Something will happen and the surgery will be canceled. I am planning to do the food option. I am very thankful i can choose from 5 options and that one of them is food. I dont like milk.. I am fussy about yoghurts.. I have never found a weight watchers soup that i would like.. Slimfast bottles have way too much sugar (i am diabetic) and i cant wrap my head around all the 'plastic' chemicals and flavourings it must have.. So i am left with food option (i would pick it anyway even without the reasons above). And my diabetic nurse advised me to do the food one aswell. :) Off i go to put myself on the scales that i would know exactly how much i will loose on the diet! ;) (i know its not about loosing weight its about shrinking the liver. I am just curious) :)
i know what you mean . Yes that sounds like the best diet for you by the sounds of it. Im going to do the two liquid shakes then one 300cal meal a day . Think thats the best for me like you i don't eat yoghurt and I'm not a big milk drinker as i drink soya milk .I'm sure you will be fine in regards to your surgery. Like you I'm so grateful to be given the opportunity to have the surgery and get my life back. Best wishes llora

i know what you mean . Yes that sounds like the best diet for you by the sounds of it. Im going to do the two liquid shakes then one 300cal meal a day . Think thats the best for me like you i don't eat yoghurt and I'm not a big milk drinker as i drink soya milk .I'm sure you will be fine in regards to your surgery. Like you I'm so grateful to be given the opportunity to have the surgery and get my life back. Best wishes llora

Thank you! Good luck for you too!! :)
I'll keep an eye on your updates to see how your journey progresses! ;)

The two shake+one meal diet sounds like a good one (i was not given such choice). You get the benefit if easy breakfast and lunch just a bottle of shake.. ;) and then you still can have some normal food/something to chew too! ;)

Thank you! Good luck for you too!! :) I'll keep an eye on your updates to see how your journey progresses! ;) The two shake+one meal diet sounds like a good one (i was not given such choice). You get the benefit if easy breakfast and lunch just a bottle of shake.. ;) and then you still can have some normal food/something to chew too! ;)
oh thanks yes i have a choice of five 1.REAL FOOD any foods from a list upto 1000cal a day, combined liquid fasts with a small meal from list, yoghurt and milk diet, an d very low cal diet such as cambridge etc . Yes thats why i chose that one so i will see how it goes. Yes will keep you informed of progress however its a waiting game whilst i wait to get dated pus pre op etc. ?

Back